[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

4 hours ago, 188pilas said:

awesome thx!

The answer is rather simple, I noticed that you are using 'mlxconfig' instead use 'mstconfig' (if you type in 'mst' and then tab two times it shows which files are installed)

I think the mlxconfig is part of the closed source package and the mstconfig is part of the open source package.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

The answer is rather simple, I noticed that you are using 'mlxconfig' instead use 'mstconfig' (if you type in 'mst' and then tab two times it shows which files are installed)

I think the mlxconfig is part of the closed source package and the mstconfig is part of the open source package.

Thanks you are correct!! Let me test out changing the config on one of the 10gb cards.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, curtp said:

Does anyone know if the Xbox One Digital TV Tuner work with this DVB Plugin in Plex on Unraid with this.

Thanks

On which unraid version are you?

I would recommend to use the libreelec drivers becazse this drivers are also included there.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but would anyone mind helping me with how I would get the xbox usb to show up in Plex. I know it is supposed to show up as a hdhomerun by using TVHeadEnd but I can't see anywhere in TVHeadEnd that will allow Plex to use it. 

Thanks

Edited by curtp

So not sure if this is a unraid issue, nvida driver issue, or a docker image issue. Hopefuly someone can let me know how to fix.

My unraid has 2 video card connected. One is for plex and the other for a gamming VM when they fix usb passthrough issues.

So I have plex setup to use GPU0 but it keeps using GPU1. I have verified that the Docker is pointing to the correct GPU, but its using the other GPU

Here you see its using my RTX2070 instead of my GTX1050ti

image.png.d571cfb2304e8b8222a5e65686a4e65e.png

Here you see the GPU Ids that need to be passed through to plex: Note the GTX1050ti

image.png.c4ce6e64ed45617119c42a41f4d6ccef.png

and here is my setting in Plex Docker. Note it shows the GTX1050ti

image.thumb.png.eb8898c5bf78ddaf0580f687c9da8ad6.png

8 hours ago, curtp said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but would anyone mind helping me with how I would get the xbox usb to show up in Plex. I know it is supposed to show up as a hdhomerun by using TVHeadEnd but I can't see anywhere in TVHeadEnd that will allow Plex to use it. 

Thanks

Which plex container are you using? I have a report in my DVB-Driver thread that some containers doesn't work or at least the tuner doesn't show up.

4 hours ago, almulder said:

So not sure if this is a unraid issue, nvida driver issue, or a docker image issue. Hopefuly someone can let me know how to fix.

My unraid has 2 video card connected. One is for plex and the other for a gamming VM when they fix usb passthrough issues.

Can you give me the output of 'nvidia-smi -L' from a Unraid terminal (eventually my plugin is messing up something...)?

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Which plex container are you using? I have a report in my DVB-Driver thread that some containers doesn't work or at least the tuner doesn't show up.

I am using the linuxserver one and is it possible to get plex to see the usb tuner without having to use tvheadend. Thanks

40 minutes ago, curtp said:

I am using the linuxserver one and is it possible to get plex to see the usb tuner without having to use tvheadend. Thanks

I think it would be better to ask in the Plex forums directly if this tuner works in Plex itself or if you also need a dedicated Tvheadend installation.

Eventually @alturismo can help?

• Thanks 1

@curtp and may to keep it cleaner and ppl can follow, you installed the plugin, now, did you also install a driver ? like libreelec, tbs, ... ?

the plugin is just the base, then u install the driver, then if you see the the tuner its a matter if plex supports it or not, if plex supports it u can add it nativ there

add a device like /dev/dvb to the plex docker u use

if its not supported by plex but can be used in tvheadend, (also /dev/dvb ...) then u need a "bridge" like xteve which will be useable in plex as hdhr device ...

tvheadend native in plex is not supported (yet).

step 1, install a driver (i think TBS supports your xbox tuner)

step 2, check plex if tuner is detected (after adding device to docker), as you can read at plex it should be supported ...

rest you will figure yourself how to scan channels and use plex epg

ps. double posting in forums is not a nice attitude

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, alturismo said:

@curtp and may to keep it cleaner and ppl can follow, you installed the plugin, now, did you also install a driver ? like libreelec, tbs, ... ?

the plugin is just the base, then u install the driver, then if you see the the tuner its a matter if plex supports it or not, if plex supports it u can add it nativ there

add a device like /dev/dvb to the plex docker u use

if its not supported by plex but can be used in tvheadend, (also /dev/dvb ...) then u need a "bridge" like xteve which will be useable in plex as hdhr device ...

tvheadend native in plex is not supported (yet).

step 1, install a driver (i think TBS supports your xbox tuner)

step 2, check plex if tuner is detected (after adding device to docker), as you can read at plex it should be supported ...

rest you will figure yourself how to scan channels and use plex epg

ps. double posting in forums is not a nice attitude

So I did install the plugin but I don't know which one (If any) I need to install for the driver but since you mentioned It I will try it. Also I've never heard of xteve so I will try that too. I am very thankful for the help.

Also I did not mean to double post then, I had just thought maybe other people in different forum someone might know something different. 

Thanks, much appreciated for the help.  

Edited by curtp
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Can you give me the output of 'nvidia-smi -L' from a Unraid terminal (eventually my plugin is messing up something...)?

GPU 0: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (UUID: GPU-5cfccbc3-f92f-4203-80c0-aabd87a7405e)
GPU 1: GeForce RTX 2070 (UUID: GPU-d5863e19-c2ed-6e72-8b48-3f28a09eb25d)

4 minutes ago, almulder said:

GPU 0: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (UUID: GPU-5cfccbc3-f92f-4203-80c0-aabd87a7405e)
GPU 1: GeForce RTX 2070 (UUID: GPU-d5863e19-c2ed-6e72-8b48-3f28a09eb25d)

You are on 6.8.3 or am I wrong?

Is it a option that you upgrade to Unraid6.9.0 beta35?

There would be the option to bind the RTX2070 to VFIO and so Unraid wouldn't see the card.

This is actually a real strange issue, it could also be that in the container something is overriding which card it can see/use so that it has access to all cards like if you define a variable with the key 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES' and as value 'all'

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You are on 6.8.3 or am I wrong?

Is it a option that you upgrade to Unraid6.9.0 beta35?

There would be the option to bind the RTX2070 to VFIO and so Unraid wouldn't see the card.

This is actually a real strange issue, it could also be that in the container something is overriding which card it can see/use so that it has access to all cards like if you define a variable with the key 'NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES' and as value 'all'

I upgraded to beta35 and then setup the new video card. I will be binding the videocard to my vm here shortly. I will let you know if there are other issues.

11 minutes ago, almulder said:

I upgraded to beta35 and then setup the new video card. I will be binding the videocard to my vm here shortly. I will let you know if there are other issues.

Please note to bind a device to VFIO go to Tools -> System devices -> tick the boxes that you want to bind -> click Bind to VFIO on boot

EDIT: There is a plugin available for Nvidia,... now if you haven't seen that already, but you have to be at least on Unraid 6.9.0 beta35 to see it in the CA App.

• Like 1
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...