[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

42 minutes ago, macsrok said:

@ich777 I've been having a hell of a time with my rx 5600 xt and the dreaded reset bug. I found a tutorial for building the vendor-reset module. (here) But the first step is to download the docker container that is no longer available. Is there a better way? Thanks for all you do! I use a lot of your work and am immensely grateful!

Yes, because of some posts here on page 22 I decided to remove the Container for now, eventually it's comming back but I don't know...

I've builded already a reset patch for Navi based cards for RC2 if you are interested write me a PM. ;)

On 12/23/2020 at 5:49 PM, DemonWarrior said:

Btw I understand this fully. Iv states multiple times I'm not blaming the developer. I said it's more an unriad as company and sensorship which is not only illegal but is currently being pursuid by the courts in multiple levels of monopolies.

Microsoft, Apple and Google all add/remove things in their OS to insure security and safety and can/will make old apps obsolete if they are not updated to the newest release. You are not being charged to update your OS to a newer version and will get all the benefits of the update as well. 

You have stated you have reasons for not updating and seeing there is no upside for staying with an an older release other than a personal choice isn't a valid reason for you to badger a Developer to go out of their way to accommodate you.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Not sure if something screwy with my system, CA changes or something else, but the ISCSI, Mellanox & DVB plugins all went into an error state and I had to delete and reinstall to restore.

Are you on Unraid RC2?

I noticed yesterday that the Plugins where under the New Apps tab in the CA App but I doesn't changed anything to the templates or the plugins itself.

Now the are in the usual place.

Did this happen after a restart? Have you pfsense or some kind of PiHole running on your system that is preventing Unraid from connecting to the Internet on boot?

Just now, ich777 said:

Are you on Unraid RC2?

I noticed yesterday that the where under the New Apps tab in the CA App but I doesn't changed anything to the templates or the plugins itself.

Now the are in the usual place.

Did this happen after a restart? Have you pfsense or some kind of PiHole running on your system that is preventing Unraid from connecting to the Internet on boot?

Yes RC2.  I've got about a week uptime, so not after a restart... I have however updated my BIOS in the day or so prior to last reboot.

Only thing of note happening on the system  in the last 24 hrs was a scheduled monthly parity check.

No pfsense or pihole (running a Unifi USG as edge router).

6 minutes ago, tjb_altf4 said:

Yes RC2.  I've got about a week uptime, so not after a restart... I have however updated my BIOS in the day or so prior to last reboot.

Only thing of note happening on the system  in the last 24 hrs was a scheduled monthly parity check.

No pfsense or pihole (running a Unifi USG as edge router).

That's really strange that's the first report that I've got that it's not working or stopped working.

Please keep an eye on it and contact me again if this happens the next time, maybe there was some other "bug" within Unraid that caused the error.

Btw Please post the next time in the Plugin support subforums for DVB if this happens again.

Also Happy New Year!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Squid said:

What does "error state" mean?

A third tab appeared in the Plugins page called Plugins with Errors, or something to that effect.

May have been like that since the last reboot, not sure.

These were already installed plugins without issue at the time of install and I happened across them in this error state by chance, a delete and reinstall fixed up the issue.

Yeah, that means that at a reboot they failed to install.

Haven't really super investigated the coding yet on the .plgs, but I would surmise if the settings are set to always download the "latest" version they will do that at reboot time, but many times the network isn't actually up and running at that point in your server's life.

2 hours ago, tjb_altf4 said:

May have been like that since the last reboot, not sure.

Have you updated to a newer verison of Unraid or something like that?

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Haven't really super investigated the coding yet on the .plgs, but I would surmise if the settings are set to always download the "latest" version they will do that at reboot time, but many times the network isn't actually up and running at that point in your server's life.

The Nvidia plugin checks actually if it can get the latest version, if not then it checks if the appropriate version is locally available and installs it if both checks fail you get such an error.

The other plugins checks basically if a file for the current Kernel version is locally available and if not it tries to download it, if the file is not available locally and no internet connection is available it will also produce such an error.

@ich777 I'm not sure I don't understand the way of doing it or that my kernel (5.10.1 instead of 5.9) version is too high but on RC2 I can download the plugin but I cannot find the Docker. Cannot find it at all in CA Apps nor Dockerub.

Just to be sure, with this docker, I could make a kernel for Unraid with a linux kernel patch to fix an issue I currently have with my hardware, am I correct?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, vny. said:

but I cannot find the Docker. Cannot find it at all in CA Apps nor Dockerub.

Just to be sure, with this docker, I could make a kernel for Unraid with a linux kernel patch to fix an issue I currently have with my hardware, am I correct?

Correct, I hade to remove it due to some weired posts on page 22, the container will come back but give me some time to redo it.

Would have happened around the time I upgraded from RC1 to RC2, but don't recall any issues on first boot... but may have appeared in subsequent reboots.

Eventually Github wasn't reachable that's the only thing I can imagine...

I'm currently thinking of making a mirror on my personal server and implement something that if Github is not available it tries to download it from my server but I'm not 100% sure.

FYI Nvidia plugin had no issues

That can be possible since the Nvidia driver is provided by Limetech itself and it's hosted on AWS.

Re released the Unraid-Kernel-Helper and should be available in the CA App within the next few hours.

Build is now limited to 6.9.0 beta's and RC's (and also for the stable when it's released somehow).

Currently supported drivers/modules: Nvidia, DigitalDevices, LibreElec, TBS OpenSource, iSCSI Target, Intel iGPU, ZFS, Mellanox Firmware Tools, Navi Reset Patch, gnif/vendor-reset, Intel Relax RMRR Patch

• Thanks 3
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Re released the Unraid-Kernel-Helper and should be available in the CA App within the next few hours.

Build is now limited to 6.9.0 beta's and RC's (and also for the stable when it's released somehow).

Currently supported drivers/modules: Nvidia, DigitalDevices, LibreElec, TBS OpenSource, iSCSI Target, Intel iGPU, ZFS, Mellanox Firmware Tools, Navi Reset Patch, gnif/vendor-reset, Intel Relax RMRR Patch

Simply amazing stuff. You are a credit to the community. 

• Thanks 1

For everyone still on v6.3.8 stable who didn't (or don't want to) update to 6.9 beta, I can confirm that prebuilt image - Unraid Custom nVidia builtin v6.8.3: Download (nVidia driver: 455.45.01) works great. You can find this on the bottom of the first page in this thread.

I was using Unraid Nvidia plugin from Linuxserver.io before but it's not supported anymore and it was throwing me some errors. So I decided to give this a try. I'm using this driver for my Nvidia GTX 1650 for transcoding in Emby docker container. As mentioned already, don't use this prebuilt image for GPU passthrough in the VM. Here is a short tutorial, hope it helps others:

1. Uninstall Unraid Nvidia Plugin from Linuxserver.io (if you were using this before);
2. Extract the Unraid Custom nVidia builtin v6.8.3 *.zip archive and replace the (bz*) files from the USB Boot device with the ones from the archive (all files that needs to be replaced/owerwritten are in the root of your unRAID USB Boot drive);
3. Reboot the server;
4. Install Unraid-Kernel-Helper-Plugin (not the Docker) if you want to see your UUID of the GPU installed.

I left all extra parameters (--runtime=nvidia, NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES -> value=all, NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES with my GPU value) as they were before in my Emby docker container settings.

Big THANKS (again) to @ich777 for his hard work creating this image and plugin and made it available for the members of this great community.

Edited by yogy
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, yogy said:

1. Uninstall Unraid Nvidia Plugin from Linuxserver.io (if you were using this before);
2. Extract the Unraid Custom nVidia builtin v6.8.3 *.zip archive and replace the (bz*) files from the USB Boot device with the ones from the archive (all files that needs to be replaced/owerwritten are in the root of your unRAID USB Boot drive);
3. Reboot the server;
4. Install Unraid-Kernel-Helper-Plugin (not the Docker) if you want to see your UUID of the GPU installed.

I left all extra parameters (--runtime=nvidia, NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES -> value=all, NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES with my GPU value) as they were before in my Emby docker container settings.

So I'm an Unraid Noob trying to get Plex HW transcoding working with an Nvidia P600. 

I've followed the above steps from @yogy but I just keep getting the following message:
"NVIDIA-SMI has failed because it couldn't communicate with the NVIDIA driver. Make sure that the latest NVIDIA driver is installed and running."

I haven't set it to pass it through to the container yet.

Any help appreciated, Thanks

10 minutes ago, mikeyosm said:

Re Intel GPU TOP plugin, does this replace the need for

modprobe i915
chmod -R 777 /dev/dri

required for Plex Intel GPU hw decode? So I can now remove these lines fro go?

Exactly.

I made the plugin mainly to add 'intel_gpu_top' to monitor your iGPU usage but I also added the modprobe and chmod since it would make no sense to use 'intel_gpu_top' if the driver isn't loaded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks ich777 for all your work...similar to above post about iScsi going wonky..i updated to RC2 and iscsi dropped out..Looking at the tab it only shows 1-IQN (Create NEW IQN). No details or the other tabs showing the info from my already configured iscsi target. I assume I need new files for the RC2 version ? How do I get them to get this working again ?

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...