[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

8 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

I have a 1050TI that does my transcoding for now but I would like to retire it one day. Cheers

Please doublecheck that you set the first GPU in the BIOS to the iGPU and not to the PCIe slot so that the iGPU is activated.

If you have installed the Plugin you don't have to create a file or anything it will enable it automatically as I said on the Plugin installation or boot of the server and you should be able to transcode with the iGPU, even if the tool 'intel_gpu_top' isn't working.

Just check if you have the directory '/dev/dri' on your server and you should be good to go (but please be sure to first uninstall the Nvidia-Driver Plugin or go back to a stock Unraid version if you are on 6.8.3) and then create a device and passthrough '/dev/dri' in the template of Plex, Emby,...

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please doublecheck that you set the first GPU in the BIOS to the iGPU and not to the PCIe slot so that the iGPU is activated.

This was it, I didn't realize that a BIOS setting even had that effect. Its working now, thank you for your patience and help troubleshooting.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, flaggart said:

Sorry if I am being a bit thick here, but all I wan't to do is build 6.8.3 with TBS drivers.

6.8.3 is not available anymore, sorry...

But you can download the prebuilt 6.8.3 image that has LibreELEC drivers builtin (first post at the bottom), they should also work fine with the TBS cards.

Hope that's good enough?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

6.8.3 is not available anymore, sorry...

But you can download the prebuilt 6.8.3 image that has LibreELEC drivers builtin (first post at the bottom), they should also work fine with the TBS cards.

Hope that's good enough?

Ah, I see.  I tried LibreELEC but it does not detect my TBS 5990.  Thanks anyway.

8 hours ago, flaggart said:

Ah, I see.  I tried LibreELEC but it does not detect my TBS 5990.  Thanks anyway.

This is a USB Tuner or am I wrong?

Maybe try to replug it and it will hopefully show up, have you rebooted?

I can try and compile you a version with the TBS drivers.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is a USB Tuner or am I wrong?

Maybe try to replug it and it will hopefully show up, have you rebooted?

I can try and compile you a version with the TBS drivers.

Yes, it is USB.  I've rebooted several times and tried all USB ports - I thought I was going mad and not overwriting the boot files properly!!  It seems there are a few reports of 5990 not being detected regardless of drivers, so not sure TBS drivers would make any difference, but if it is no hassle for you it would be nice to test :)

The device is listed under lsusb but /dev/dvb does not exist and it does not show up under your plugin.

17 minutes ago, flaggart said:

Yes, it is USB.  I've rebooted several times and tried all USB ports - I thought I was going mad and not overwriting the boot files properly!!

Can you replug the USB Tuner when the server is running, some people got a problem with the DVB-Driver Plugin that it was not working on but but if the replugged the USB Tuner it started working.

Can you give me the output from 'lsusb' or at least which tuners those are? I think the firmware or something else is missing.

EDIT: Sorry can you give me the line where you see which tuners or which chip is used on the tuner from lsusb?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Can you replug the USB Tuner when the server is running, some people got a problem with the DVB-Driver Plugin that it was not working on but but if the replugged the USB Tuner it started working.

Can you give me the output from 'lsusb' or at least which tuners those are? I think the firmware or something else is missing.

Replugged, Unraid-Kernel-Helper Plugin still says no custom loaded modules found.

Output of "lsusb -v" attached

lsusb.txt

This looks incredible but even though I have run unRAID before for a year or so, I confess I find the 1st post a bit confusing. Its got everything there (I think) but its not laid out in a very noob-friendly manner (I would suggest how if I understood it!).  

This looks a great candidate for a @SpaceInvaderOne video (and we know Ed has Nvidia cards ANd a Radeon 5700XT or maybe he's dumped it?)

1 hour ago, methanoid said:

This looks incredible but even though I have run unRAID before for a year or so, I confess I find the 1st post a bit confusing. Its got everything there (I think) but its not laid out in a very noob-friendly manner (I would suggest how if I understood it!).  

This looks a great candidate for a @SpaceInvaderOne video (and we know Ed has Nvidia cards ANd a Radeon 5700XT or maybe he's dumped it?)

I recommend searching for Unraid-Kernel-Helper on the CA App and download the template, it's really self explaining how to use it.

If you start the container for the first time it will do it's magic and when it's done it simply stops and the files are located in the output folder in the kernel directory in your appdata.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Unbelievable, but finally success. I had given up on having a working AMD gpu reset bug patch on my main system in my OSX Mojave VM with 5700XT passed.

Tried every patch on the planet , which either crashed my whole system , or just did not work and required reboots on every VM restart, incl more recently using builds from / with the help of the great ich777 and giganode, but even their help could not beat my stubborn system where others had success using the same builds.

So i forgot about it untill today. I just tried to give the Unraid-Kernel-Helper a go and build a kernel myself with just zfs and the the audio-reset branch of the vendor-reset patch. And it is working like a rock. I can do whatever i want with my OSX Mojave VM , even force shutdowns. Zero issue starting it up again. Amazing.

Thanks for all the hard work guys !!!!!!

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Glad to hear... :)

@giganode is this necessary anymore? I think the master branch should now also work. :)

Looking at the git repo it seems that branch was merged with master 16 days ago, so probably i could have used the master. 

edit: building it now....

Edited by glennv
21 minutes ago, glennv said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Unbelievable, but finally success. I had given up on having a working AMD gpu reset bug patch on my main system in my OSX Mojave VM with 5700XT passed.

Tried every patch on the planet , which either crashed my whole system , or just did not work and required reboots on every VM restart, incl more recently using builds from / with the help of the great ich777 and giganode, but even their help could not beat my stubborn system where others had success using the same builds.

So i forgot about it untill today. I just tried to give the Unraid-Kernel-Helper a go and build a kernel myself with just zfs and the the audio-reset branch of the vendor-reset patch. And it is working like a rock. I can do whatever i want with my OSX Mojave VM , even force shutdowns. Zero issue starting it up again. Amazing.

Thanks for all the hard work guys !!!!!!

glad to here from you... we've had a relatively long private conversation about that issue.. After many successful attempts I wrote you a pn to inform you. Sadly you never asked. I'm happy that we have another success now!!!

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Glad to hear... :)

@giganode is this necessary anymore? I think the master branch should now also work. :)

11 minutes ago, glennv said:

Looking at the git repo it seems that branch was merged with master 16 days ago, so probably i could have used the master. 

edit: building it now....

Exactly. As not even one person failed to use navi cards with the specific branch, they included it in master branch.

Edited by giganode
  • Like 1
Just now, giganode said:

glad to here from you... we've had a lrelatively long private conversation about that issue.. After many successful attempts I wrote you a pn to inform you. Sadly you never asked. I'm happy that we have another success now!!!

I am so sorry buddy i did not react sooner, but had a bit of a bad personal time so was off the radar for a while. And again , thanks for all the help in the past.

• Like 2
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...