[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

9 hours ago, AgentXXL said:

@ich777 Is the unraid-kernel-helper container usable to try and create a custom kernel based on 5.17 (for better Alder Lake support)? I would also like to add the latest drivers for the Aquantia 5Gbe and 10Gbe NICs (vers. 2.4.15 released 2022-02-22, i.e. yesterday or today depending on your time zone). I've tried the latest drivers (3.1.6.0) on Win10 x64 and they did improve my connection with far fewer packet retransmits so I'm hoping the Linux driver does the same.

Already answered on Discord, you can try to compile it but I really can't tell if it is working.

Also keep in mind that I forgot to remove the container from DockerHub and I will be removing it in the next few days from DockerHub.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Also keep in mind that I forgot to remove the container from DockerHub and I will be removing it in the next few days from DockerHub.

It's already marked as being only compatible to 6.9.2, but if you're removing it very shortly, then I'm going to pre-emptively blacklist it.

What about the companion plugin?

I installed the Intel Top plugin and also plugged a dummy HDMI into the HDMI port on the motherboard but still getting the following error message in the terminal:

root@Tower:~# intel_gpu_top
No device filter specified and no discrete/integrated i915 devices found
root@Tower:~# modsense i915
bash: modsense: command not found
root@Tower:~# modprobe i915
root@Tower:~# ls /dev/dri
/bin/ls: cannot access '/dev/dri': No such file or directory
root@Tower:~# intel_gpu_top
No device filter specified and no discrete/integrated i915 devices found

Do I need to reboot the array? I have attached the diagnostic file

tower-diagnostics-20220225-1328.zip

1 hour ago, MrLondon said:

Do I need to reboot the array? I have attached the diagnostic file

No, but don't do a manual modprobe.

Please note that Alder Lake isn't fully supported yet and I get many messages about that.

That has nothing to do with the plugin but rather with the Kernel.

Please reboot once more and the send over the Diagnostocs again.

Please also keep in mind that many users reported a complete crash from the entire server when using an Alder Lake iGPU for HW transcoding.

• Upvote 1
On 2/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, Squid said:

It's already marked as being only compatible to 6.9.2, but if you're removing it very shortly, then I'm going to pre-emptively blacklist it.

What about the companion plugin?

hi seems i have been missing something here. What should i do to keep using my p400 without the kernel driver plugin? tnx

49 minutes ago, Nackophilz said:

Just dont get the point of the plugin, am under 6.9.10-RC2 i installed the Vendor Reset plugin for my 5700Xt, i've nothing else to do ? no config or something ? 

Nope, the plugin install all necessary modules from gnif over here on Github, tries to catch when you end a VM and tries to reset the card.

Keep in mind this is more a workaround than a patch... It would be necessary that the manufacturer from the card updates the firmware to properly solve this issue.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Nope, the plugin install all necessary modules from gnif over here on Github, tries to catch when you end a VM and tries to reset the card.

Keep in mind this is more a workaround than a patch... It would be necessary that the manufacturer from the card updates the firmware to properly solve this issue.

Thank for you answer 

But seems doesnt work for me :/

I installed the Win 10 VM , the plugin seems enables but i get this error : 

2022-02-28T15:13:15.491827Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio: Cannot reset device 0000:0c:00.1, no available reset mechanism.
2022-02-28T15:13:15.495738Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio: Cannot reset device 0000:0c:00.1, no available reset mechanism.

And my card is always code 43 (i can confirm the card work under windows native OS)

And the card is binded to VFIO PCI as required : 

image.thumb.png.bfbbabf83dd0a6b78d7d242d8f0069bd.png

Dont get where i miss .... 

Amd under Q35, tried with and without dumped rom ... 

Any solution ? :) 

Edit : 
Just get this is the Audio part who can't be resetted 

Edited by Nackophilz
Saw what is the exact device who cant be reset
12 minutes ago, Nackophilz said:

Amd under Q35, tried with and without dumped rom ... 

Do you boot Unraid with Legacy or UEFI?

I would strongly recommend that you boot with Legacy for best results and as machine type like you've already selected Q35.

13 minutes ago, Nackophilz said:

2022-02-28T15:13:15.491827Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio: Cannot reset device 0000:0c:00.1, no available reset mechanism.
2022-02-28T15:13:15.495738Z qemu-system-x86_64: vfio: Cannot reset device 0000:0c:00.1, no available reset mechanism.

Can you try to unbind it from VFIO and try what happens if you pass it through without VFIO?

Keep in mind this patch is certainly not compatible with different cards out there, I would also recommend that you try to open up a issue on Github.

I'm not sure if this is the right place but hopefully someone can help me.

I'm trying to make the following work with Unraid 6.9.2

The Script needs the kernel modules ac.ko and battery.ko which are not natively included in Unraid. The script inserts the modules into the running kernel using insmod. The author of the script used the now deleted unraid-kernel-helper docker to compile those two modules for unraid 6.9.0.

This docker image was deleted in the meantime and now I'm trying to figure out a (hopefully) easy alternative to compile those 2 modules for 6.9.2.

Can someone support me or point me in the right direction?

Edited by brin
2 minutes ago, brin said:

This docker image was deleted in the meantime and now I'm trying to figure out a (hopefully) easy alternative to compile those 2 modules for 6.9.2.

I can do that for you but this is a really rare/niche use case I think or am I wrong?

I deprecated it because you basically can add every module with plugins or similar and also the backup function that is built into Unraid won't work with custom images.

48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I can do that for you but this is a really rare/niche use case I think or am I wrong?

That would be just awesome! I appreciate it a lot!

I guess those modules are only relevant for people running unraid on a laptop, so I guess kinda niche. Although I'm surprised that not more people are doing that cause IMO a laptop is the perfect homeserver.

21 minutes ago, orlando500 said:

yeah i had kernel help also... was woundering if i needed that or just nvidida driver plugin

Just the Nvidia Driver plugin is enough if you want to use your Nvidia card for HW transcoding in Docker containers.

2 minutes ago, MrLondon said:

as 6.10 RC3 was released is the iGPU still not supported as the top plugin is still not working when I type intel_gpu_top it still does not find anything, or will this still take a while before this will be supported

Which cpu do you have

2 hours ago, MrLondon said:

as 6.10 RC3 was released is the iGPU still not supported as the top plugin is still not working when I type intel_gpu_top it still does not find anything, or will this still take a while before this will be supported

As @SimonF pointed out, what CPU are you using, can you upload your Diagnostics please?

If you are talking about Alder Lake I would really appreciate if you are upload your Diagnostics.