[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

On 6/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, ich777 said:

I have sent a PM to you.

Wondering if you could still help me.

The radeontop plugin seems to be able to install successfully now but I still cannot boot into GUI mode.

I gave up on that and am now just trying to get a passthrough for a windows 10 VM to work. Whenever I start up the VM, I can tell that something is happening because my HDMI output goes black in a similar way to when trying to start GUI mode but nothing more than that.

Just like GUI mode, CTL-ALT-F3 bring up a cursor for command entry but that's obviously not what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

59 minutes ago, sunbear said:

I gave up on that and am now just trying to get a passthrough for a windows 10 VM to work. Whenever I start up the VM, I can tell that something is happening because my HDMI output goes black in a similar way to when trying to start GUI mode but nothing more than that.

For such things I don't recommend installing the RadenTOP plugin sonce if you are planing to pass through the iGPU to a VM you have no benefit of enabling it on the host first, rather I would bind it to VFIO.

Also this question is better be asked in the VM Support subforums.

Keep in mind that passing through the only GPU in your Server to a VM can be very tricky and doesn't work always from what I know.

I should have waited a few minutes before commenting.

I tried changing some settings in my BIOS and apparently there was a setting for the GPU to use pcie insteaad of integrated (I don't have a pcie gpu). After changing that setting and reinstalling the radeontop plugin, my VM is now passing through my APU! I haven't tried a reboot yet nor have I tried GUI boot but I'm optimistic.

Anyone having similar issues should double check all your BIOS settings!

Now I just have to figure out how to get my damn usb i/o to pass through.

7 minutes ago, sunbear said:

Now I just have to figure out how to get my damn usb i/o to pass through.

I would recommend that you buy a PCIe card and pass the entire card through to the VM so that hotplug is working properly... Or of you got a second controller on the motherboard to pass through that entirely so that you can take advantage of passthrough.

Glad to hear that after a reboot everything is working.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend that you buy a PCIe card and pass the entire card through to the VM so that hotplug is working properly... Or of you got a second controller on the motherboard to pass through that entirely so that you can take advantage of passthrough.

Glad to hear that after a reboot everything is working.

Unfortunately, ut's an ITX board with only on PCIe slot which is occupied by my SAS card. Hence why I'm trying to utilize my APU.

My though is that I have an APU just sitting there taking up overhead on my CPU so I might as well try to use it for something. So I thought I would try making my existing server into an extra windows 10 machine for me to use for basic web browsing in my bedroom.

• 4 weeks later...

@ich777 Thanks again for this. I used the tool to create a custom kernel with the GNIF patch and also coral and DVB drivers. I did want to ask - are plugins compatible with this?

Initially I just had the GNIF patch on and then installed the DVB and Coral driver plugins from the app section. But as soon as the coral driver was modprobe'd I got a kernel panic. So I rebuilt with GNIF and coral drivers built in. But then I would get a kernel panic when my DVB hardware was initialised from the plugin as well.

So ultimately I built the kernel with all three and that works fine.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ross Cannizzaro said:

So ultimately I built the kernel with all three and that works fine.

As soon as you build the images with the gnif patch you can't install any plugins with drivers included.

Just a little note, when 6.10.0 drops you don't have to build a custom Kernel and you can install everything with plugins, even the gnif vendor reset. ;)

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As soon as you build the images with the gnif patch you can't install any plugins with drivers included.

Just a little note, when 6.10.0 drops you don't have to build a custom Kernel and you can install everything with plugins, even the gnif vendor reset. ;)

Oh that is awesome news ^_^

Thanks for the reply too, much appreciated!

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Yes its install manually OK, but then having error when execute iperf3 :

iperf3: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /usr/lib64/libiperf.so.0)

This is the wrong version, which version from unRAID are you running and also where did you get the package from ipref3 and for what version for Slackware did you download it?

31 minutes ago, ross232 said:

Has it been released yet?

You have to update to 6.10.0-RC1 and the install it from the CA App.

If you are still on 6.9.2 you can't see it because there is no version from the "AMD Vendor Reset" plugin for 6.9.2 available.

34 minutes ago, khile said:

I wanted to upgrade to 6.10-rc1 however once i upgrade i cant see any of my disks because ive enabled hpsahba is there a way to disable it so i can run the kernel patcher again then re enable without losing data

I don't understand the question entierely...

You need hpshba to see your disks or am I wrong?

Do you run the plugin from the CA App?

If not use the plugin from the CA App:

grafik.png.56a9ce42661f665f359b172f1b58ac8a.png

(reboot after installing the plugin and your disks should show up again)

Also the Kernel Helper will be deprecated soon since you can basically run everything from plugins.

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, khile said:

i have tried resetting config but that does not help 

If you are still on 6.10.0-rc1 please try the following:

1. Remove the hpsaba plugin
  2. Reinstall it from the CA App
  3. Reboot
  4. Hopefully everything is working again

If you are back on 6.9.2 upgrade to 6.10.0-rc1 again and see if it is working again.

Hopfeully the fix that I've pushed solves this issue.

• Thanks 1

Using  PCI m2 Coral , I dont see the apex drivers in unraid 

root@Tower:~# ls -l /dev/apex_*
/bin/ls: cannot access '/dev/apex_*': No such file or directory

I do see the PCI device however
03:00.0 System peripheral: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU
04:00.0 System peripheral: Global Unichip Corp. Coral Edge TPU

Im trying to pass the PCI coral over to a docker instance.

im using the coral drivers plugin. Unraid 6.10 rc

Interesting part is that im using a new dual edge adapter card that exposes both tpu cores to the system. In a VM I can get everything to work and can use Frigate with dual TPUs even with docker in the VM... But on the Frigate docker instance in Unraid, it cant see the dual tpu pci card?

some content -> https://github.com/blakeblackshear/frigate/issues/1428

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...