[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

I don't change that since this will involve rewriting much of the container also keep in mind that unRaid also announced that they will include nVidia and AMD drivers in the future.

So my container is a 'for now' solution.

And who knows if the don't include ZFS in some of the next upcoming releases...

I think it would be a simple matter of pointing your container at their download URL like you do for all other things the container uses though right?

Yeah, it will be great if they add those things in - I strongly suspect there will always be a need for a community kernel you can compile yourself though, differing versions of things for example is one area only your container handles.

I expect, none of these are going to be fast though.  Quite excited to see PAM mentioned in the logs too.

12 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

I think it would be a simple matter of pointing your container at their download URL like you do for all other things the container uses though right?

Yes and no, as I said before this container was only created for official releases and not even a beta or even RC releases in mind (this was only a quick implementation so that no one had to redo most of the script), also the container would build the old Kernel version if you are on the old version of the Kernel and not the new one.

I'm now building the Kernel for nVidia & ZFS and ZFS only. If you want to you can check the first post in this thread and the prebuilt images are up in half an hour.

Edited by ich777

Yeah - I realised that the first time I built your container, I built it on the ZFS plugin, so I need to shift between the two.  But as I said before the primary reason I started using this (and promoted it) was because we could built it ourselves for beta releases and not have to annoy developers to do it for us.  I thought this would make it a lot easier even if parts of it we had to do manually.

It's an amazing step towards that, I guess we may see optimisations come out over time.  And for the NVIDIA plugin it's a giant leap over what was available before.

27 minutes ago, Marshalleq said:

Yeah - I realised that the first time I built your container, I built it on the ZFS plugin, so I need to shift between the two.  But as I said before the primary reason I started using this (and promoted it) was because we could built it ourselves for beta releases and not have to annoy developers to do it for us.  I thought this would make it a lot easier even if parts of it we had to do manually.

It's an amazing step towards that, I guess we may see optimisations come out over time.  And for the NVIDIA plugin it's a giant leap over what was available before.

The problem with the beta images is that I first need time to develop or correct problems with previous versions and every new beta can possibly introduce new problems (like in this case Nvidia with Kernel 5.7), that's why I never had beta versions in mind...

Prebuilt images are now online ;)

14 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

Thanks, out of interest, are the ZFS versions built from master?  I was reading that 8.4 wasn't supported on kernel 5.7 unless it's build from latest master.  Though I can't personally confirm that myself other than the 8.4 page says supported to kernel 5.6.

I've tested it and it worked, since I'm trying to make my plugin look better... :D

No is not builded from master but I can mount my test ZFS drive and it seems to work...

EDIT: should support it CLICK

EDIT2: added possibility to build with 'master' branch from OpenZFS from Github.

Edited by ich777
On 6/20/2020 at 12:08 AM, ich777 said:

I've tested it and it worked, since I'm trying to make my plugin look better... :D

No is not builded from master but I can mount my test ZFS drive and it seems to work...

EDIT: should support it CLICK

EDIT2: added possibility to build with 'master' branch from OpenZFS from Github.

Hello,

Do you know if you can integrate the ''AMD onboard audio/usb controller flr patch'' for x570 board?

Because i have to use this patch to passthrough my audio controller on my x570 board.

Thread of the kernel: 

Thank you very much.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

Hello,

Do you know if you can integrate the ''AMD onboard audio/usb controller flr patch'' for x570 board?

Because i have to use this patch to passthrough my audio controller on my x570 board.

Thread of the kernel: 

Thank you very much.

If this is a .patch file you can do it yousrelf simply by enabling the 'User Patches' option and copy over the .patch file to the main directory into the 'user_patches' folder and the container should apply the patch. ;)

Sorry I'm not very into AMD things and I don't have the time to read the whole thread...

Eventually @Leoyzen can help?

Edited by ich777
Just now, ich777 said:

If this is a .patch file you can do it yousrelf simply by enabling the 'User Patches' option and copy over the .patch file to the main directory into the 'user_patches' folder and the container should apply the patch. ;)

Sorry I'm not very into AMD things and I don't have the time to read the whole thread...

Eventually @Leoyzen can help?

Thank you very much i will see if i can found .patch for this.

Maybe Leoyzen can help me?

Have a good day.

5 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

Thank you very much i will see if i can found .patch for this.

Maybe Leoyzen can help me?

Have a good day.

If you can give me a little bit more insight it would be nice.

I can't test anything that has to do with x570 and Ryzen because I haven't got such hardware. But if you need help if you find something where I can help then I'm here to help and feel free to contact me again. ;)

Are you sure that the problem isn't solved if you upgrade to the new unRaid beta with the new kernel 5.7.2?

Eventually @Pducharme has more information on that, I think he owns also such a configuration.

Edited by ich777
6 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

i found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/VFIO/comments/eba5mh/workaround_patch_for_passing_through_usb_and/

And i have no idea of how to implement this with your docker :)

But if you need a tester i'm your man :)

Thanks

I will have to look into this, do you only need this patch applied to ther kernel?

Which hardware did you have exactly?

Also died you also tried to upgrade to the new unRaid beta?

I'm currently at lunch break and have to work again after the break.

Thank you very much.
I Only need this patch for my setup, your docker able to add nvidia for me.

I do not test the beta22.

I have an asus rog crosshair viii hero with ryzen 3900x.

Good lunch

Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk

Edited by rachid596
59 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will have to look into this, do you only need this patch applied to ther kernel?

Which hardware did you have exactly?

Also died you also tried to upgrade to the new unRaid beta?

I'm currently at lunch break and have to work again after the break.

I just found this:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/unraid-os-version-690-beta22-available-r955/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-9490

The last post says that limetech will implemented in the next release and it's include in 5.8 kernel if i understand.

Thank you very much

On 6/22/2020 at 1:37 PM, rachid596 said:

I just found this:

https://forums.unraid.net/bug-reports/prereleases/unraid-os-version-690-beta22-available-r955/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-9490

The last post says that limetech will implemented in the next release and it's include in 5.8 kernel if i understand.

Thank you very much

Sorry for the late response, but I think it would be best if you wait until the next beta with the kernel 5.8 is released.

23 minutes ago, scottc said:

Could you tell me how you were able to use the 4.50.51 driver?  I have been trying to figure it out for a while now and am definitely doing something wrong.

What's the problem, already compiled the 6.9.0beta22 with the new nVidia drivers (but didn't got time to upload it).

Are you sure to set the driver version to latest?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What's the problem, already compiled the 6.9.0beta22 with the new nVidia drivers (but didn't got time to upload it).

Are you sure to set the driver version to latest?

I guess I am just having trouble figuring out where to put the .run file to make the build process use it

6 minutes ago, scottc said:

I guess I am just having trouble figuring out where to put the .run file to make the build process use it

You don't have to out the runfile anywhere, the container downloads it for you.

Have you deleted the old tenplate and redownloaded it from the ca app and also set the image version to 6.9.0 and enable the beta build?

Can you post a screenshot from your settings?

I recommend to read the instructions from the first post again. ;)

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...