[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

7 hours ago, Dazog said:

How do you get the Mellanox Stats to show in the plugin helper?

I have a Connect-x4 LX EN card in my unraid box now and the plugin doesn't show anything.

You have to enable it in the template to build it with the Mellanox Firmware Tools.

If you don't build your own images let me know with which options your image should be and I will build one when I got time for it ;)

(I don't build images with all features or diffent kind of build options because that would be too much... :D )

grafik.thumb.png.6637ed73d09a5c673f4d0fc4b871ec25.png

36 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to enable it in the template to build it with the Mellanox Firmware Tools.

If you don't build your own images let me know with which options your image should be and I will build one when I got time for it ;)

(I don't build images with all features or diffent kind of build options because that would be too much... :D )

grafik.thumb.png.6637ed73d09a5c673f4d0fc4b871ec25.png

Where in the template?

I looked it over a few times, I must be blind.

17 minutes ago, Dazog said:

Where in the template?

I looked it over a few times, I must be blind.

Right there:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-07-13_08-18-48.thumb.png.a5dde6a4bb2b595c24d0ef82662e9744.png

Have you deleted the Container and redownloaded it from the CA App as I recommend it so that you are always on the newest version of the template?

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Right there:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-07-13_08-18-48.thumb.png.a5dde6a4bb2b595c24d0ef82662e9744.png

Have you deleted the Container and redownloaded it from the CA App as I recommend it so that you are always on the newest version of the template?

Guess not, i was running your test one from way back ;)

Thanks for the fix. updated to correct one.

• Like 1
Just now, Dazog said:

Guess not, i was running your test one from way back ;)

Thanks for the fix. updated to correct one.

I always recommend to delete it and redownload it from the CA App before building new images so that you are always on the latest version... ;)

I have few questions. As far as I understand, I can compile any module with a custom mode.

I need only one module to compile which is hpilo. I saw that "linux-4.19.107-Unraid" folder has the all source code of the module.

1) How I can compile just one module?

2) If I am able to do that, can I install that module file without changing whole OS.  I believe that I just need the module file since the rest of OS will be same.

thanks...

56 minutes ago, emrepolat7 said:

I have few questions. As far as I understand, I can compile any module with a custom mode.

Yes, correct.

I need only one module to compile which is hpilo. I saw that "linux-4.19.107-Unraid" folder has the all source code of the module.

Depending on the folder location, but if you mean that in the appdata directory this is the Kernel Source itself.

1) How I can compile just one module?

Compile the Kernel, then compile your module and then repack the modules folder.

2) If I am able to do that, can I install that module file without changing whole OS.  I believe that I just need the module file since the rest of OS will be same.

Yes, simply replace the generated bzmodules with the existing one on your USB bootdrive (please be sure to backup the old one if something goes wrong).

EDIT: May I ask what you trying to do?

Of course, I have HPE Proliant ML110 Gen10 server.  To monitor the server I have two options.

1) With Agentless Management, health monitoring and alerting is built into the system and begins working the moment a power cord is connected to the server. This feature runs on the iLO hardware, independent of the operating system and processor. 

2)  With Agentless Management Service (AMS) which is simply a (I assume) kernel module. It will provide additional information provided when AMS is installed on OS.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Depending on the folder location, but if you mean that in the appdata directory this is the Kernel Source itself.

I think module is included in the kernel source. Location of the source is this;

/mnt/user/appdata/kernel/linux-4.19.107-Unraid/drivers/misc/hpilo.c

/mnt/user/appdata/kernel/linux-4.19.107-Unraid/drivers/misc/hpilo.h

Compile the Kernel, then compile your module and then repack the modules folder.

This part, I do not know how to do it with using your docker :(

@emrepolat7 I can't imagine that you only need the kernel module for this to work, i think you also need some kind of software that works with that kernel module...

You can always issue the command on your existing unraid installation: 'modinfo hpilo' if it tells you some informations about the module its installed if it says that the module isn't found then you have to compile it.

You can do that by going throught the buildshcript.sh step by step and at thr step where it says 'make oldconfig' simply replace that with 'make menuconfig' this will bring up a menu where you can choose which modules you want to build there you have to search it and enable it, after that exit and save the changes, then you can continue.

28 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

I world recommend updating the default kernel path from /mnt/cache to /mnt/user, now that we have multiple pools. I run my appdata now on a drive other than cache.

That is not a good idea since you can run into really big troubles if you do that, i would always recommend to point it to the real path on the harddrive and not the 'linked' /mnt/user one.

If you have it lying on another driver please change it manually and do not use /mnt/user.

The CA App looks by default if a cache drive is installed in the server if not it will link it to /mnt/diskX (X is the drive where the appdata folder lies if no chache drive is installed).

Some applications/modules need the real path and not the linked one to work/install properly.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I can't imagine that you only need the kernel module for this to work, i think you also need some kind of software that works with that kernel module...

you were right, it complains about missing some software. 

You can always issue the command on your existing unraid installation: 'modinfo hpilo' if it tells you some informations about the module its installed if it says that the module isn't found then you have to compile it.

it isn't found. 

You can do that by going throught the buildshcript.sh step by step and at thr step where it says 'make oldconfig' simply replace that with 'make menuconfig' this will bring up a menu where you can choose which modules you want to build there you have to search it and enable it, after that exit and save the changes, then you can continue.

After apply your instruction, it did work. it is found. at least I know how to compile just a module now 👍

• Like 1
8 hours ago, emrepolat7 said:

After apply your instruction, it did work. it is found. at least I know how to compile just a module now 👍

Glad to hear.

EDIT: You've compiled all modules including the additional module and then repacked it.

8 hours ago, emrepolat7 said:

you were right, it complains about missing some software. 

Do you know which software and is there a precompiled package or the source out there? You can also integrate that into the image...

EDIT: You've compiled all modules including the additional module and then repacked it.

Yes but I did not replace the generated bzmodules with the existing one. I just pulled hpilo.ko.zx from the bzmolules then I used insmod command to load the module. 

Do you know which software and is there a precompiled package or the source out there? You can also integrate that into the image...

it complained about the lack of many libraries. I just found them from internet and I copied them to lib64 folder. I know it is not a proper way but I just want to see if it works. it worked though.

Finally, I stopped dealing with it after the error below;

"This program requires the host to have a HP Integrated Lights Out 4 (iLO 4) BMC
Press any key to continue..."

12 minutes ago, emrepolat7 said:

Yes but I did not replace the generated bzmodules with the existing one. I just pulled hpilo.ko.zx from the bzmolules then I used insmod command to load the module. 

Why?

I think it would be easier to build the Kernel, then install the modules and after that you can simply pack the modules all together with newly created one and replace the bzmodules file on your USB Key then the change is persistant.

15 minutes ago, emrepolat7 said:

"This program requires the host to have a HP Integrated Lights Out 4 (iLO 4) BMC
Press any key to continue..."

This message simply says that thi iLO4 is not found but has your server an iLO4 is this the right version?

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Why?

I think it would be easier to build the Kernel, then install the modules and after that you can simply pack the modules all together with newly created one and replace the bzmodules file on your USB Key then the change is persistant.

You are right but than I have to reboot the server. I just didn't want to do other way because it's just for experimental purposes.

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This message simply says that thi iLO4 is not found but has your server an iLO4 is this the right version?

My server based on iLO 5.

For a summary, Slackware is not supported distro by HPE (At least my model). They only support Red Hat, Suse Enterprise & vmware. So many of the software and driver builds are not open source. I took all files from those rpm files and I gave it a shot.

I do not mind, since I am learning a lot of cool stuff. 😄

Also thank you for your plugins & script.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, testdasi said:

Anyone has this display bug?

The ZFS Info section eats into the System Info and Mellanox section (DEDUP HEALTH ALTROOT columns). The "No known data errors" status etc has some strange line breaks too.

I use the nvidia + zfs beta version.

Can you send me a screenshot?

Added possibility to automaticaly download beta builds (in the variable BETA_BUILD needs to be the beta version for example: 'beta25' or 'beta24' - for 6.9.0)

Is there supposed to be a new/different variable other than the regular true/false Beta Build value? Instead of saying "true" should I put "beta25" instead?

EDIT, just tested and YES seems instead of putting "true", the value "beta25" also works, so no having to copy, very cool!

Edited by cybrnook
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

Is there supposed to be a new/different variable other than the regular true/false Beta Build value? Instead of saying "true" should I put "beta25" instead?

EDIT, just tested and YES seems instead of putting "true", the value "beta25" also works, so no having to copy, very cool!

Exactly... ;)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mason1171 said:

I feel like Im missing something here. How exactly do I use one of the custom prebuilt images? Do I just extract the files and copy them over the existing ones on the flash and reboot? Are there additional steps?

Just download the prebuilt ones and copy them over and thrn of course rstart the server.

Or you can also download the container from the CA App and build your own images (read the first post carefully if you build your own images, especially if you go and build it for a beta version and keep an eye on the log).

Just now, ich777 said:

Just download the prebuilt ones and copy them over and thrn of course rstart the server.

Or you can also download the container from the CA App and build your own images (read the first post carefully if you build your own images, especially if you go and build it for a beta version and keep an eye on the log).

Excellent. I appreciate the response. 

• Like 1
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...