[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

Just now, glennv said:

I am so sorry buddy i did not react sooner, but had a bit of a bad personal time so was off the radar for a while. And again , thanks for all the help in the past.

No problem, you're welcome!

All that counts is that it works now, but more importantly, that everything is fine now!! 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

Hello, glad to hear that.

Can you share the patch you use.

I have a friend with yhis problem.

Thank you very much

It's included in the Unraid-Kernel-Helper, please delete the Container and redownload it from the CA App (I recommend that because I add and change a lot in the template... :D ).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, Getn67 said:

Speaking of, Any chance you'd be willing to add in the fusionio drivers to the template?

Yes, I can do that and I also thought about creating a Plugin for that some time ago and I also made a few posts in the FusionIO thread but @juchong has sold his FusionIO device/drive and I had no one who can test it...

So I've given up on that but if you can test it I can add it and eventually can make a plugin for that (for Unraid v6.9.0RC2+) so you don't have to create custom images.

Can you point me in the right direction where I find the drivers (GitHub Repo) and I will look into this.

EDIT: After thinking about it eventually @juchong can comment on this, hasn't something changed so the driver doesn't work on 6.9.0rc2? I may could be wrong... :P

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, I can do that and I also thought about creating a Plugin for that some time ago and I also made a few posts in the FusionIO thread but @juchong has sold his FusionIO device/drive and I had no one who can test it...

So I've given up on that but if you can test it I can add it and eventually can make a plugin for that (for Unraid v6.9.0RC2+) so you don't have to create custom images.

Can you point me in the right direction where I find the drivers (GitHub Repo) and I will look into this.

EDIT: After thinking about it eventually @juchong can comment on this, hasn't something changed so the driver doesn't work on 6.9.0rc2? I may could be wrong... :P

@juchong version of the driver

https://github.com/juchong/iomemory-vsl4

Master driver with support for 5.10

https://github.com/snuf/iomemory-vsl4

Link to the custom script

https://github.com/juchong/unraid-fusionio-build

And I would love to beta test a plugin. :D

As is fairly standard, sorry for the delay. :P

I tried recently to go to 6.9rc2 for the updated Intel igpu and Intel ethernet drivers for my 10th gen Intel motherboard.

unfortunately, it was having stability issues that I wasn’t experiencing on 6.8.3. Before I tried this, I just wanted to check If I could get either or both the igpu and ethernet working with this?

I do plan on using it for nvidia regardless as I have a 1050ti.

thanks!

6 hours ago, titansilber said:

unfortunately, it was having stability issues that I wasn’t experiencing on 6.8.3.

What are your issues?

I also own a 10th gen system ASUS Z490-E and a i5-10600 and everything works flawlessly in terms of the iGPU and everything else so far.

I do plan on using it for nvidia regardless as I have a 1050ti.

The Nvidia-Driver is the plugin that should do the trick on 6.9.0rc2+

Before I tried this, I just wanted to check If I could get either or both the igpu and ethernet working with this?

The Unraid-Kernel-Helper is just a tool to build All-In-One images so that you don't have to install the plugins with the drivers,...

This should speed up the boot times a little bit (but nowadays the difference are only a few seconds depending on your USB Boot device.

EDIT: This tool is only designed to work on 6.9.0rc2, had to remove the support for older versions due to some nasty posts on page 22? I think.

• Thanks 1
7 hours ago, ich777 said:

What are your issues?

I also own a 10th gen system ASUS Z490-E and a i5-10600 and everything works flawlessly in terms of the iGPU and everything else so far.

I was finding the server unresponsive and having to hard shut it down. I don't have a syslog server set up, but it was crashing while Jellyfin was running a transcode handled by the iGPU. After 3 times in a week I had enough of the parity checks...

I'm kind of new to unraid (~6 months), but I Linuxserver.IO's nvidia plugin installed (before it was deprecated) and working fine on 6.8.3.

Before I installed 6.9 RC2, I uninstalled the plugin and thought that was enough to move to RC2. But now after reading how this helper works (and since everything for CHB..'s plugin is removed), I probably should have replaced all those modified bz files in the flash directory with the pre-nvidia ones before installing RC2. It seems that plugin worked similarly in modifying those files for boot. Maybe that was why my RC2 wasn't stable. It's been completely fine on 6.8.3---I've had uptime in months, so I can only guess there might be some cruft leftover that is affecting RC2.

Edited by titansilber
added more info
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, titansilber said:

After 3 times in a week I had enough of the parity checks...

If haven't written anything if there was a crash on the Array, I would say that is pretty save to cancel the Parity check...

42 minutes ago, titansilber said:

I'm kind of new to unraid (~6 months), but I Linuxserver.IO's nvidia plugin installed (before it was deprecated) and working fine on 6.8.3.

There are also prebuilt images on the first post on the bottom for 6.8.3 with even newer drivers.

43 minutes ago, titansilber said:

I probably should have replaced all those modified bz files in the flash directory with the pre-nvidia ones before installing RC2.

Nope, that is not necessary because if you are upgrading to RC2 the bz* files replaced anyways. ;)

43 minutes ago, titansilber said:

I was finding the server unresponsive and having to hard shut it down.

Have you installed VM's? I think this is something for another thread but it's a start, you have to keep in mind that much changed from 6.8.3 to 6.9.0rc2 I also had to update my Networking for the one VM that I have that I build my containers in and also set up another cache pool (that's actually a really cool feature now).

45 minutes ago, titansilber said:

I've had uptime in months, so I can only guess there might be some cruft leftover that is affecting RC2.

I think it would a start to get some logs or look into the logs if everything is okay or if it spams your log with errors or warnings.

Have you also installed the latest BIOS version on your motherboard?

Another thing is if you boot into Legacy or UEFI mode, I always recommend booting into Legacy (also named CSM I think) because it gives at least me no troubles.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, odiby said:

Hi, where is the app gone? thx

On which Unraid version are you?

If you are on 6.8.3 then it is just normal since I had to remove it for 6.8.3 due to some sketchy posts on page 22 I think...

What do you want to build?

EDIT: It is only availalbe now for 6.9.0RC2

7 hours ago, cybrnook said:

Did this develop into anything?

Until that day, no...

I have a package ready but it doesn't work, have to look deeper into this but haven't got much spare time at the moment.

Hook me up with a short message and I can send you the files over to test.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

On which Unraid version are you?

yes I am still on the stable 6.8.3

If you are on 6.8.3 then it is just normal since I had to remove it for 6.8.3 due to some sketchy posts on page 22 I think...

Wow, unbelievable how impudent some are. 

What do you want to build?

i just want to get rid of the extra raspberry pi where octoprint is running. To achieve this i need the ffmpeg package as suggested here.

But I guess I can live with the extra pi until there is a official solution! thanks anyway.

But allow me one more question. are there downsides installing a custom kernel? i mean, can break something (when upgrading unraid for example)

21 minutes ago, odiby said:

stable 6.8.3

Isn't a upgrade to 6.9.0rc2 a option for you? It's really stable and I use it from the day that it was released. :)

23 minutes ago, odiby said:

To achieve this i need the ffmpeg package as suggested here.

So you need the DVB package where the USB camera drivers are included? You can also download one of the prebuilt images for 6.8.3 with DVB included (first post om the bottom).

39 minutes ago, odiby said:

But allow me one more question. are there downsides installing a custom kernel? i mean, can break something (when upgrading unraid for example)

I run also a custum build with many features built in since I like the one in all approach more (boot times are a little faster,...).

If you upgrade from a custom kernel to a stock kernel the only thing you can break is that the docker won't start because th module isn't loaded and the path that you bound in the container isn't found.

I would always recommend to backup all bz* files from you USB boot device to you local computer and then replace the bz* files on your USB boot device with the custom ones in case something goes wrong.

not at the moment 😅 I really need that thing up and running as I use it for production. You know "never touch a running system" 😛  unless you have time left to fix it up which i (sadly) don’t have at the moment. maybe i try one of the prebuilt images. I really appreciate your affort 👍🏻 thank you

6 minutes ago, odiby said:

not at the moment 😅 I really need that thing up and running as I use it for production. You know "never touch a running system" 😛

I was a little unclear I think... It is rock solid... :D

I also use it for production, make all my Containers on it compile various versions of plugins/kernels,...

But I understand if you don't want to try it. ;)

8 minutes ago, odiby said:

maybe i try one of the prebuilt images.

They are built on 6.8.3 and include only the DVB and USB camera modules that are needed. :)

Nothing should go wrong with them, you can always revert back to the stock bz* images. ;)

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

Just had a question and wanted to run through the steps @yogy wrote on page 23 to make sure I wasn't going to mess anything up (sorry for all the noob-y stuff).

1 - I'm not quite sure what the differences are in the pre-built images and which one I would need.  Here's my sitch: I recently acquired an RTX 4000 and would like to use it for plex streaming on the current (stable) 6.8.3 OS.  I've watched SIO's excellent video about h/w transcoding and have been catching up with the ongoing situation regarding plugins and removals.  My question: I am using ZFS as the file system in my server, so does that mean I would need the "custom NVIDIA&ZFS" download or would the "custom NVIDIA" suffice?

Here are the steps that I would take to upgrade:

1. backup my flash drive

2. replace all bz* files on the flash with the ones from the download

3. reboot server and install unraid-nvidia-kernel-helper plugin from CA

4. follow SIO's passthrough steps (passing parameters, etc.)

5. turn on hardware encoding within plex

6. double check that watch nvidia-smi shows the GPU and utilization during playback

7. celebrate

Is that correct?  Again, apologies for the noob questions, just nervous about messing with my mostly rock-solid setup.  I appreciate all the hard work @ich777 has done to make this a possibility - thanks very much!

Thanks in advance!

E: welp, I am a dumb dumb.  I'm using XFS not ZFS as my file system - my apologies.  Guess I would just need the custom NVIDIA download.  Don't drink and post, folks, haha.

Edited by bonustreats
username tags correction; file system clarification
5 hours ago, bonustreats said:

Here are the steps that I would take to upgrade:

1. backup my flash drive

2. replace all bz* files on the flash with the ones from the download

3. reboot server and install unraid-nvidia-kernel-helper plugin from CA

4. follow SIO's passthrough steps (passing parameters, etc.)

5. turn on hardware encoding within plex

6. double check that watch nvidia-smi shows the GPU and utilization during playback

7. celebrate

Exactly.

Eventually install the GPU Statistics plugin from @b3rs3rk so you see the utilistion in your dashboard.

And yes you only need the Nvidia build.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rjlan said:

@ich777 Would love to see GVT-g as an option to compile into the kernel. There's a thread about it here. Being able to pass IGP to multiple virtual machines is a killer feature that a lot of users here could make good use of

Even if I implement this, I don't think the version of QEMU that is shipped with Unraid supports that feature or am I wrong?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Even if I implement this, I don't think the version of QEMU that is shipped with Unraid supports that feature or am I wrong?

From what I read in the linked thread, it's my understanding that it does work but there are some limitations. Will very much need some support from LimeTech to fully utilize the feature. Maybe @scorcho99 can chime in and elaborate.

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...