[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

On 2/18/2021 at 12:09 PM, local.bin said:

Whichever is easier to implement I guess as personally I do not mind.

The Drivers for the Coral Acceleration Module are now included in the build, the template will take a few hours to update so that it actually shows the option for that (keep in mind that you have to delete the container and redownload it from the CA App).

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

The Drivers for the Coral Acceleration Module are now included in the build, the template will take a few hours to update so that it actually shows the option for that (keep in mind that you have to delete the container and redownload it from the CA App).

Just seen your post, very cool and much appreciated.

Will give it a go when my hardware arrives :)

21 hours ago, ich777 said:

The first thing that I've found was this on reddit: Click

What do you mean exactly with hanging? Is the system unresponsive?

From your syslog I see you are having the custom build installed, do you experience any other problems?

Can you try to turn on persistance mode (but I think that wouldn't really solve the issue and is just a workaround).

Thanks for the link!  Apologies - I didn't mean for you to have to Google something for me; just thought it might have been a prominent issue or something.  I was looking into persistence mode and found this - it seems like pulling the GPU out of P8 (deep sleep) may invoke some RAM usage.  However, does forcing it out of deep sleep cause any extra 'wear' on the card?  Maybe just increases the likelihood of fan failure?  Sorry, these aren't direct questions (unless you know the answer, haha), so I'll keep digging.  Maybe this is related to the CPU load increasing?  While googling that error, I came across someone in a previous thread mentioning something very similar to what I was seeing with the CPU issue.  They seemed to think it was related to @b3rs3rk's plug-in, but there's no direct proof of that.  

Sorry - bad phrasing.  I just meant that the CPU load increased to 4-7% and stayed there for no apparent reason until I started/stopped the Plex stream; everything else behaved normally (GUI/system was fully responsive, though I didn't do any sort of testing for all functionality). 

All that to say, I haven't seen this happen again, so maybe it was just a fluke?  

Edit - and I'm not seeing any other problems; sorry, forgot to answer

Edited by bonustreats
forgot to answer a question
5 hours ago, local.bin said:

Hey thanks for this, just got the docker update and checked the changelog :)

Please note that I also created a plugin for Unraid 6.9.0RC2 and that you don't need to build custom images and you can simply install it from the CA App.

1 hour ago, bonustreats said:

However, does forcing it out of deep sleep cause any extra 'wear' on the card?

No I don't think so, is the fan speed higher?

They seemed to think it was related to @b3rs3rk's plug-in, but there's no direct proof of that.  

I also have that 'issue' when I'm on the Dashborad page, this has something to do how the plugin gets it's data from...

Please also male sure that you turn off the advanced view on the Docker page since this also can take up to 10% of CPU usage no mather if you are on the Docker page or even logged in to the Unraid WebGUI.

All that to say, I haven't seen this happen again, so maybe it was just a fluke?

Try to go to the dashboard, I bet you might see this behavior again but as said above this is because of the GPU Statistics plugin but only if you are on the Dasboard page.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please note that I also created a plugin for Unraid 6.9.0RC2 and that you don't need to build custom images and you can simply install it from the CA App.

Sure, I plan to test them both out, firstly with the plugin you have made, then uninstall the plugin and add to my other additional modules in my kernel :)

• Like 1

Hi, trying to use this tool to build kernel with some modules enabled for networking but the docker image tag 6.8.3 doesn't exists anymore I think and if I use latest then 

--One or more Stock Unraid v6.9.0 files not found, downloading...---
---Download of Stock Unraid v6.9.0 failed, putting container into sleep mode!---
Even my unraid is at 6.8.3 

also my other question is how i execute the makemenu to choose the modules?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, segator said:

but the docker image tag 6.8.3 doesn't exists anymore

Exactly because I have to remove the 6.8.3 version due to some skrtchy posts on page 22 I think so 6.8.3 isn't available anymore.

3 hours ago, segator said:

also my other question is how i execute the makemenu to choose the modules?

For this you have to enable the Custom Build mode and connect to the container amd do everything by hand, you find the Build Script in thr main directory of the container.

I see, seems the kernel is built!! but I not sure yet how can  I enable modules by hand.

I need to enable ip_set_hash_* and ip_set_bitmap_*   ip_set ip_vs ip_vs_rr also I think I need all regarding ip_conntrack.

How can i enable them if I can not execute the make menuconfig?

Thanks for your help and amazing work :)

1 hour ago, segator said:

How can i enable them if I can not execute the make menuconfig?

You have to turn on the Custom Build mode in the template and then open up a Docker Console window and have to execute command by command from the build script or better speaking line by line (depending on the commands).

At the step where it says "make oldconfig" simply do "make menuconfig" instead and you are good to go. ;)

EDIT: But keep in mind that the container won't work for 6.8.3 (at least not everything).

On 2/20/2021 at 12:37 AM, ich777 said:

No I don't think so, is the fan speed higher?

I also have that 'issue' when I'm on the Dashborad page, this has something to do how the plugin gets it's data from...

Please also male sure that you turn off the advanced view on the Docker page since this also can take up to 10% of CPU usage no mather if you are on the Docker page or even logged in to the Unraid WebGUI.

Try to go to the dashboard, I bet you might see this behavior again but as said above this is because of the GPU Statistics plugin but only if you are on the Dasboard page.

I don't think the fan speed was higher, but honestly can't remember.  If it happens again, I'll make sure to take a look to compare.

I didn't know that about the docker page, but I do have (and have had preivously) kept it in basic view - thanks for the info!  I'll keep my eye on CPU usage when I go to the dashboard page, but I don't think I'll be visiting as frequently until it's resolved. 

Thanks again!

• Like 1

hi, im late to the party, but i got my self a couple of Mellanox 10G cards and a 10G spf+ switch. 

I installed the mellonox plugin but that only shows info on the card:

Info:FW Version: 2.42.5000
FW Release Date: 5.9.2017
Product Version: 02.42.50.00
Rom Info: type=PXE version=3.4.752
Device ID: 4099
Description: Node Port1 Port2 Sys image
GUIDs: 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000 0000000000000000
MACs: 0002c9382cd0 0002c9382cd1
VSD:
PSID: MT_1170110023

and a link here to this thread... am i missing something on the firmware tool side? 

Edited by orlando500
32 minutes ago, orlando500 said:

I installed the mellonox plugin but that only shows info on the card

Exactly this plugin installs only the Mellanox Firmware Tools (to flash the card or switch between modes) and is not a driver but the Mellanox ConnectX-3 should work just fine OOB in Unraid, even a ConnectX-2 is working fine OOB (had both of them).

Eventually try to delete the 'network.cfg' from your '/boot/config' directory and start over with a new netwrok configuration)

Here is a screenshot from my card that is working just fine:

grafik.png.418a336b6a3e217c8c76946b82165883.png

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly this plugin installs only the Mellanox Firmware Tools (to flash the card or switch between modes) and is not a driver but the Mellanox ConnectX-3 should work just fine OOB in Unraid, even a ConnectX-2 is working fine OOB (had both of them).

Eventually try to delete the 'network.cfg' from your '/boot/config' directory and start over with a new netwrok configuration)

Here is a screenshot from my card that is working just fine:

grafik.png.418a336b6a3e217c8c76946b82165883.png

Hi, thanks for the fast reply. Maybe in a bit slow here to night but where do i flash the card from...? guess you add some menu items somewhere but cant seem to find them.

6 minutes ago, orlando500 said:

guess you add some menu items somewhere but cant seem to find them.

No menue there, the tool was manly made to display the temperature of the card and flash the card via CLI or better speaking to delete the Boot rom from the card.

Please look up how to flash you card on the Mellanox site since this differs from card to card....

I set custom_mode = true.

How can i make script download kernel and let me configure make menuconfig?

My goal is to add power/battery drivers to unraid kernel as I am running unraid on Thinkpad W530 laptop, which has battery plugged in (UPS). Unfortunatelly I am unable to read battery status and shutdown unraid in case of power failure, because kernel is lacking battery drivers.

Ok later I have found the answere that I need to modify build script and replace make oldconfig with make menuconfig. Unfortunatelly in the same post I can see that  6.8.3 is not supported anymore?

Then I wen't to discussion from page 22. I get the point of these guy, who is upset with removing support of 6.8.2. This is how software is developed now. I agree that it sucks, as old versions schould be avaliable for community, you have not enough disk space or what? Stop supporting it, but leave old codes where they where.

Comparision to Apple and Microsoft is because the also do what they want and don't care about users opinion. Well that how it is.

I used to be a linux desktop user, but linux community started the same behaviour as MS and AP. They introduce updates, change things that break my working system. So I went back to windows. I have the same behaviour, but less often something breaks. I am always super pissed off when i am forced to upgrade something and then it fails to start and I have to spent working day fixing shit some programmer messed up instead of spending time with my family. Some thing schould work out of the box.

Recently I had such a story with owncloud update and zoneminder update. Solutions were simple, but developers didn't care to write instruction what has changed, so two days went to the trash looking for a fix :(

Thats why people prefer minor security risk, than doing update that might f... up their system completely.

I know it is effort to support old versions, so dont support it, but leave it undeleted - simple.

Edited by Kacper
  • Like 1
52 minutes ago, Kacper said:

I set custom_mode = true.

How can i make script download kernel and let me configure make menuconfig?

You have to execute line by line from the buildscript.

52 minutes ago, Kacper said:

Unfortunatelly I am unable to read battery status and shutdown unraid in case of power failure, because kernel is lacking battery drivers.

You should be able to integrate it with the Kernel Helper.

53 minutes ago, Kacper said:

I get the point of these guy, who is upset with removing support of 6.8.2.

I don't know why he is using 6.8.2 and don't know why he is using an older version then that what was avilable but keep in mind that I never supported 6.8.2 I made this tool for 6.8.3 and up (because I made this Container on 6.8.3 and never had it running without anyting lower than that).

The main problem here was something different.

You have to understand also my point of view here because I'm a community developer and want to push Unraid forward and do this for fun but with such people the fun dissapears and so I decided to only support the very latest version of Unraid because in 6.8.2 was actually a bug and a prebuilt image was always available in the first post on the bottom with Nvidia for 6.8.3.

1 hour ago, Kacper said:

I agree that it sucks, as old versions schould be avaliable for community, you have not enough disk space or what?

As said above I never had support for 6.8.2 that Plugin that he was speaking from was from another developer that made his Plugin depricated.

This is a longer story as you might think with the other user... :D

If this user wasn't that offensive the 6.8.3 Kernel-Helper would still be around (only for your information, I pulled the Kernel-Helper out of the repo entirely and thought a very long time about releasing it again and in which form).

On 2/18/2021 at 10:35 AM, ich777 said:

For 6.9.0rc2 I think I can add this as a Plugin if you are interested in that, other than that, this should be possible to implement in my Unraid-Kernel-Helper.

Thanks again for adding. I have both your kernel helper and the plugin working thank you.

Made a small donation via the first post link :)

• Like 1

Now that 6.9 is out in the wild, any chance we can get a walkthrough of setting up iSCSI on it?  I did play with iSCSI using an RC, but I saw a few RC's back that iSCSI was now in the kernel, so I'm not sure what actually needs to be done with your plugin vs what's native in UnRAID now.  

Thank you again, awesome upgrade and add to the community here!

12 minutes ago, Overtaxed said:

Now that 6.9 is out in the wild, any chance we can get a walkthrough of setting up iSCSI on it?  I did play with iSCSI using an RC, but I saw a few RC's back that iSCSI was now in the kernel, so I'm not sure what actually needs to be done with your plugin vs what's native in UnRAID now.  

Thank you again, awesome upgrade and add to the community here!

Only the kernel modules are included within the stock unraid. You need to install the iscsi-target plugin which will provide targetcli. This is the command used to configure iSCSI. The plugin has a gui to allow creation of targets.

• Thanks 1
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...