[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

10 minutes ago, JamesAdams said:

The zip that was created does contain the new kernel ?

You have to go through the whole script and let it compile and then you should have the output folder where all bz* files are in there, the container doesn't create a zip file.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JamesAdams said:

I have move the outuput files in my usb key but i have a error :(

Seems like something went wrong with the creation from the bz* files, I would strongly recommend to start over (delete the container and also the directory that was created in your appdata folder for the container).

Don't do a restart in between the build process or close and reopen the terminal you should do all at once.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Seems like something went wrong with the creation from the bz* files, I would strongly recommend to start over (delete the container and also the directory that was created in your appdata folder for the container).

Don't do a restart in between the build process or close and reopen the terminal you should do all at once.

ok

How do i use the docker to build a 6.9.1 kernel ?

I have issues where my GPU passthru stopped working completely since i moved from 6.9.1 to 6.9.2  (both compiled with gnif/vendor reset and zfs only) and only discovered recently after disgarding 6.9.1 backup. (yeah i know , duhhhh)

So need to rebuild with 6.9.1/zfs/gnif to determine if its just the kernel version or if the vendor rest patch broke. But dont see any options to select kernel version. I installed 6.9.1 standard but the docker still pulls 6.9.2

1 hour ago, glennv said:

So need to rebuild with 6.9.1/zfs/gnif to determine if its just the kernel version or if the vendor rest patch broke. But dont see any options to select kernel version. I installed 6.9.1 standard but the docker still pulls 6.9.2

Downgrade to 6.9.1 and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and create a variable in the template with the Key: 'UNRAID_V' and the Value '6.9.2'.

I think it should be possible to do this on 6.9.2 also but I really don't recommend it since you can run into other problems!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pk1057 said:

Currently the iscsi module only allow to add/use disk drives known to unraid disk configuration.

Will it be possible to add a "custom" device like /dev/nts0 or device folder like /dev/tape/by-id/* ?

peter

The front end only supports disks or images but from the terminal you can do whatever you like.

For a basic tutorial on how to do that go to the first post of this thread and download and open the file "Manual Block Volume.txt".

(My web coding skills are very limited that's why because the plugin looks like it looks...) :/

Hope that helps.

Hello,

I installed the ISCSI target plugin in the latest release of UR and i have a server with 2 nic including 1 at 10Gb.
I created a Lun and would like to isolate it on the 10Gb nic and keep the other nic for the network.
Would it take a network binding option or is it possible to do something else?

Many Thanks

1 hour ago, Athos said:

I created a Lun and would like to isolate it on the 10Gb nic and keep the other nic for the network.

If you want to do that the easiest way would be to assign a static IP address to the 10Gbit/s NIC and on the Initiator (Client) enter the assigned Static IP address this should route all traffic over the 10Gbit/s NIC.

By default the iSCSI Target (Server) listens on all interfaces and if a Initiator want's to connect over a specific IP address it chooses that NIC which is assigned to this address.

For example if you enter on the Initiator the IP address from your slower NIC it will use that for the iSCSI connection.

Here is a example where to enter the IP address of the Target on Windows:

grafik.png.0dbbf03370ede4e4aba265bc2b52c1a0.png

Hope that makes sense to you. ;)

@ich777 Thanks for great docker.

I tryed to upack and pack bzroot file before someone linked to this docker. 

With same commands that you have.  only added - m parameter for unpack

to preserve dates of files. 

This from other old post - Unzip bzroot. 

So the problem when boots is OK but when Init start grep mount /proc/filesysem is not found and other staff mount not found. 

Maybe you know what is the problem? 

I checked your script and didn't found how to enable user script in docker? 

3 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

I checked your script and didn't found how to enable user script in docker? 

May I ask what do you want to integrate or what do you want to do exactly that you need to unpack and repack the bzroot?

4 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Maybe you know what is the problem? 

Can you post the exact steps what you are doing or what you type in to extract it?

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask what do you want to integrate or what do you want to do exactly that you need to unpack and repack the bzroot?

Can you post the exact steps what you are doing or what you type in to extract it?

I wanted maybe to add some slackware apps to unraid that i cant add with nerdpack ...

sure unraid already great OS , so its enouth for all users.

but i tryed to unpack and pack whithout any changes for start with next commands:

UNPACK:

#####  Extract microcode from bzroot #####
echo "Extract microcode from bzroot"
cd /unraid
dd if=bzroot bs=512 count=$(cpio -ivt -H newc < bzroot 2>&1 > /dev/null | awk '{print $1}') of=bzmicrocode

#####  Upack bzroot to /unraid #####
echo "Upack bzroot to /unraid "
dd if=bzroot bs=512 skip=$(cpio -ivt -H newc < bzroot 2>&1 > /dev/null | awk '{print $1}') | xzcat | cpio -i -m -d -H newc --no-absolute-filenames

and then pack: 

#####  Rename bzmicrocode to bzroot #####
echo "Rename bzmicrocode to bzroot file"
cd /unraid
mv bzmicrocode bzroot

echo "Pack bzroot to bzrootpart"
cd /unraid
find . ! -name bzroot | cpio -o -v -H newc | xz --check=crc32 --x86 --lzma2=preset=9e > bzrootpart

#####  Add bzroot to bzmicrocode #####
echo "Add bzrootpart to bzroot"
cat bzrootpart >> bzroot
rm bzrootpart

Like i sad its very same that you have only -m added for unpack whith date of files  and x86 used for packing...

Tell me please how to enable user script in your docker ? Didnt finded standalone option in docker  or  its enabled by  Apply User Patches : ?

3 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

I wanted maybe to add some slackware apps to unraid that i cant add with nerdpack ...

Have you even thought about putting the Slackware packages onto your USB Boot device for example /boot/custompackages and then write a small install routine in the go file that installs them on every start/reboot, this would be way easier and also is how packages should be installed on Unraid.

Your method is way too complicated because you have to do a custom build on every update from Unraid for a few slackware packages.

What do you thing about that?

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Apply User Patches : ?

Another option is /boot/extra folder on boot drive

User folders

/config/plugins - unRAID plugins that are loaded automatically on boot (sabnzbd, sickbeard, SimpleFeatures v1.05, etc)

/packages - stores packages required by installed plugins (python, curl, etc)

/extra - Slackware .tgz packages that are installed automatically on boot (screen, nano, plex, etc)

/plugins - unRAID system plugins that are loaded automatically on boot (SimpleFeatures v1.11, etc)

/logs - may contain syslogs, SMART logs, etc

/custom - may contain addon files

/unmenu - contains UnMENU files

Edited by SimonF
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Have you even thought about putting the Slackware packages onto your USB Boot device for example /boot/custompackages and then write a small install routine in the go file that installs them on every start/reboot, this would be way easier and also is how packages should be installed on Unraid.

Your method is way too complicated because you have to do a custom build on every update from Unraid for a few slackware packages.

What do you thing about that?

Thanks for great idea ,sorry im a new user for unraid and linux so i dont have a much expirience how to work better with unraid.

Edited by Masterwishx
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Masterwishx said:

Thanks for great idea ,sorry im a new user for unraid and linux so i dont have a much expirience how to work better with unraid.

Also please see the post from @SimonF I even forgot about that that you can put files on your USB boot device under /extra

• 3 weeks later...
  • ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...