[Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...

7 minutes ago, piotrasd said:

im afraid still some bug :(

still my tuner are not visible and now even folder /lib/modules/5.7.8-Unraid/kernel/drivers/media/ and

/lib/firmware are more empty than before 

Are you using my built image or do you build it on your own?

if the 'UNAME' variable is changed for another kernel version having 'unraid' as part of 'CONFIG_LOCALVERSION', it breaks building bzmodules as it looks for the version without 'unraid' in the version string, removing 'unraid' from 'CONFIG_LOCALVERSION' fixes the issue

Edited by ratking90
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, ratking90 said:

if the 'UNAME' variable is changed for another kernel version having 'unraid' as part of 'CONFIG_LOCALVERSION', it breaks building bzmodules as it looks for the version without 'unraid' in the version string, removing 'unraid' from 'CONFIG_LOCALVERSION' fixes the issue

Have to try this but it has to wait a bit, have to fix some other stuff... :D

Wouldn't it be better to do it with the custom build option enabled since you have to choose new modules at the oldconfig...

What value did you enter at $UNAME?

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have to try this but it has to wait a bit, have to fix some other stuff... :D

Wouldn't it be better to do it with the custom build option enabled since you have to choose new modules at the oldconfig...

What value did you enter at $UNAME?

I did do custom & beta, 5.7.14 is the version used for $UNAME, it built fine besides not finding the modules directory with "-Unraid"kept as localversion

Edited by ratking90
8 hours ago, ratking90 said:

I did do custom & beta, 5.7.14 is the version used for $UNAME, it built fine besides not finding the modules directory with "-Unraid"kept as localversion

I will look into this but give me a few days... This feature was only a nice to have for me and I really never tested it fully... :P

On 6/7/2020 at 5:01 PM, ich777 said:

@Marshalleq & @scottc

[...]

Btw it was always possible to build another Kernel with for example 6.8.3 you have to simply create a new variable with the Key 'UNAME' and as Value you enter the prefered Kernel version eg: '4.19.107' or '5.5.8'.

!!! Please also note that if you build anything Beta keep an eye on the logs, especially when it comes to building the Kernel (everything befor it says this message '---Starting to build Kernel vYOURKERNELVERSION in 10 seconds, this can take some time, please wait!---' is very important) !!!

So, you may want to share the steps to be done to build a "newer" kernel?

Currently I am on 6.9.0-beta22 and I want to build kernel 5.8 (because of amd_energy module for Zen2) with builtin ZFS.

I changed source to

ich777/unraid-kernel-helper:6.9.0

and added the Variable

UNAME with the Value 5.8.0

Changed nVidia support to false and Build with ZFS support to true

Then I create the container and start it.

And then?

1 hour ago, efschu said:

So, you may want to share the steps to be done to build a "newer" kernel?

Currently I am on 6.9.0-beta22 and I want to build kernel 5.8 (because of amd_energy module for Zen2) with builtin ZFS.

I changed source to

ich777/unraid-kernel-helper:6.9.0

and added the Variable

UNAME with the Value 5.8.0

Changed nVidia support to false and Build with ZFS support to true

Then I create the container and start it.

And then?

@ratking90 reported that building with a custom $UNAME is currently broken, I have to look into this but this will take a few day (I initially thought this would be a cool feature but never tested it really since you have to do all the build steps manually since you also have to choose the modules that are missing in the new Kernel).

Is the beta25 not enough? It's built on Kernel 5.7.8.

EDIT: Also I think the Kernel 5.8.0 will fail to build anyways with some patches and modifications, correct me if I'm wrong.

On 8/12/2020 at 12:54 AM, ratking90 said:

Is now fixed, please update the Container.

Builds with a custom $UNAME variable should now work fine (tried your 5.7.14 - this version works also if you let it autobuild and adding the $UNAME and change $BETA_BUILD to 'beta25' and of course the container branch to 6.9.0).

@efschu

I don't tried 5.8.x since you have to change some more to work with the 5.8.x Kernel.

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

New Nvidia 450.66 compiles fine with beta25

Thanks for the post. ;)

I will update the beta25 images shortly.

(also please note I've set up a IRC server and also released a container - TheLounge - that you can connect to - IRC link is in the first post).

Hello,

thanks for your work ;-)

But i cant see the loaded dvb kernel driver in the plugin Unraid DVB and in the unraid kernel helper.

i have taken your beta build for dvb and nvidia.

my hauppauge dvb-c quad tuner is coming the next days and i want it to work directly,

means it is not bulit in at the moment.

Can you tell me where i can see if the drivers are loaded properly ?

Thanks for your answer

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Phil85 said:

Hello,

thanks for your work ;-)

But i cant see the loaded dvb kernel driver in the plugin Unraid DVB and in the unraid kernel helper.

i have taken your beta build for dvb and nvidia.

my hauppauge dvb-c quad tuner is coming the next days and i want it to work directly,

means it is not bulit in at the moment.

Can you tell me where i can see if the drivers are loaded properly ?

Thanks for your answer

Hello,

yes that's simply because no hardware is found in your server (yet), it is only displayed if you install it in your server and a Kernel module is loaded at boot. ;)

If you install the card in your server it should show up in the Unraid-Kernel-Helper-Plugin.

You always can check if the module is installed with the command 'modinfo MODULENAME' (replace MODULENAME with that module that your card needs).

I would wait for the card and then check in the Unraid-Kernel-Helper-Plugin if it's listed.

Hinweis: Bitte vergiss nicht es gibt auch einen Deutschen Bereich wenn dir das lieber ist, verlink mich einfach und ich beantwort auch dort Fragen zu meinen Containern da ich eben ein Deutschsprachiger entwickler bin. ;)

Should look something like this:

Bildschirmfoto_2020-08-24_11-16-05.thumb.png.8d6980233bf891676428357e4ffacbe7.png

Wow, danke für die schnelle info 🙂

Kannst du mir sagen wo ich den Modulnamen finden kann.

Hab die Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD - 01607 - HD PCI-Express Karte bestellt - 

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01FEOJE30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hier die Info für Linux:

https://www.hauppauge.de/site/support/support_faq.php?n=FAQ.Linux

Hab es mal mit modinfo dvb-demod probiert, findet aber nichts.

Vielen Dank nochmal

11 minutes ago, Phil85 said:

Wow, danke für die schnelle info 🙂

Kannst du mir sagen wo ich den Modulnamen finden kann.

Hab die Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD - 01607 - HD PCI-Express Karte bestellt - 

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01FEOJE30/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hier die Info für Linux:

https://www.hauppauge.de/site/support/support_faq.php?n=FAQ.Linux

Hab es mal mit modinfo dvb-demod probiert, findet aber nichts.

Vielen Dank nochmal

Please only english here. ;)

https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_WinTV-quadHD_(DVB-T/T2/C)

I think if you installed the LibreELEC drivers it should work type something like this into the command line: 'find /lib/firmware -name dvb-demod-si2168*' (without quotes) and it should give you a list about the available firmware, but I also could be wrong on this but in theory it should work... ;)

8 minutes ago, Phil85 said:

Sorry it also works with the star * at the end of the command ;-)

The asterisk * should list only the files that begin with the name: 'dvb-demod-si2168' and wildcard everything after it.

Hope that it works for you, if not feel free to post here or in the germen subforum. ;)

• ich777 changed the title to [Support] ich777 - AMD Vendor Reset, CoralTPU, hpsahba,...