[Support] ich777 - Nvidia/DVB/ZFS/iSCSI/MFT Kernel Helper/Builder Docker


620 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

@ich777 Would I be correct in assuming you'll also be adding a plugin for DVB support?

Yep, give me some time, currently I'm adding autodetection and loading the needed Kernel Modules on system startup.

I will release it in a few hours in the CA App, keep an eye on the CA App. ;)

Link to post
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unraid Kernel Helper/Builder With this container you can build your own customized Unraid Kernel.   Prebuilt images for direct download are on the bottom of this post.   By

CHANGELOG: 18.01.2020: Fixed a bug that ZFS is not shown in the build overwiew if it was enabled   14.01.2020: Fixed a bug that Kernel module zfs is not loaded when va

Im still confused by him. He does not want to update to 8.6.3 from 8.6.2 due to personal reasons. Yet he keeps saying the only thing it fixed was a venerability. So I guess that he needs this venerabi

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

@ich777no rush - just confirming. Keep up the good work!

Plugin is done.

Currently there are LibreELEC, DigitalDevices and Xbox One USB Stick DVB Drivers available.

The Plugin should be ready for download in the next few hours in the CA App, if you can't wait here is the direct link:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-dvb-driver/master/dvb-driver.plg

 

Link to post
1 minute ago, Tungmeister said:

@ich777 Thanks - quick question is the xbox one usb driver for the Hauppauge version or the official Microsoft one?

If it uses the same chip as the official Microsoft one it should work.

 

What drivers are you using now?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

I'd been using the LibreELEC but was considering switching to the xbox driver as I use 2 official xbox one EU tuners.

You could try to use the Xbox One drivers but no guarantee that it works, you can always switch back to the LibreELEC drivers.

Link to post
57 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You could try to use the Xbox One drivers but no guarantee that it works, you can always switch back to the LibreELEC drivers.

Tried with the Xbox One drivers but it appears that the firmware is missing

Nov 14 12:50:55 MediaHub kernel: mn88472 6-0018: Direct firmware load for dvb-demod-mn88472-02.fw failed with error -2
Nov 14 12:50:55 MediaHub kernel: mn88472 6-0018: firmware file 'dvb-demod-mn88472-02.fw' not found

 

Edited by Tungmeister
Link to post
1 minute ago, Tungmeister said:

Tried with the Xbox One drivers but it appears that the firmware is missing

Can you try the LibreELEC drivers (please don't forget to reboot after selecting them)?

I will look into this ASAP

Link to post
Just now, Tungmeister said:

will do - latest firmware is available here

The latest or at least 'right' firmware for the official Xbox One DVB device is 'dvb-usb-dib0700-12.0.fw' not 'dvb-demod-mn88472-02.fw' I think that's the problem... ;)

Link to post
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The latest or at least 'right' firmware for the official Xbox One DVB device is 'dvb-usb-dib0700-12.0.fw' not 'dvb-demod-mn88472-02.fw' I think that's the problem... ;)

looking here it looks like the USB bridge firmware is being loaded (which you've referenced) but the demodulator firmware is what's missing?

Edited by Tungmeister
Link to post
2 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

looking here it looks like the USB bridge firmware is being loaded (which you've referenced) but the demodulator firmware is what's missing?

Have to look this up, have you tried the LibreELEC drivers already?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

Just tried with LibreELEC and the fw file is present


Nov 14 13:26:19 MediaHub kernel: mn88472 6-0018: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-demod-mn88472-02.fw'

 

Yep, I've seen that the article that you linked is updated on 9 June 2020 and the link changed... :D

I download the old firmware file: 'http://linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'

Will correct that ASAP, but give me some time, will keep you updated, think tomorrow I can update the files ;)

 

EDIT: So the tuner is working with the LibreELEC drivers?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yep, I've seen that the article that you linked is updated on 9 June 2020 and the link changed... :D

I download the old firmware file: 'http://linuxtv.org/downloads/firmware/dvb-usb-dib0700-1.20.fw'

Will correct that ASAP, but give me some time, will keep you updated, think tomorrow I can update the files ;)

 

EDIT: So the tuner is working with the LibreELEC drivers?

Yeah the tuner is working with LibreELEC which probably makes the Xbox One only driver redundant?

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tungmeister said:

Yeah the tuner is working with LibreELEC which probably makes the Xbox One only driver redundant?

Eventually, this was something that I've had in my Unraid-Kernel-Helper and now maybe obsolete.

Link to post

For the Unraid DVB plugin, Is there an option to select a newer driver version than 0.9.33-integrated?

We have a DigitalDevices Max S8X basic and it is not picked up.

The DigitalDevices Cine S6 V6 is picked up, not the S8X though.
I'm assuming I need newer drivers. How do I accomplish this?

root@UMS:~# dmesg | grep -i ddbridge
[    0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.fmode=1 ddbridge.msi=1
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.fmode=1 ddbridge.msi=1
[   65.506126] ddbridge: Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver 0.9.33-integrated, Copyright (C) 2010-17 Digital Devices GmbH
[   65.506213] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[   65.506322] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: detected Digital Devices Cine S2 V6 DVB adapter
[   65.506344] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: HW 0001000b REGMAP 00010004
[   65.506422] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: using 2 MSI interrupt(s)
[   65.507558] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: Port 0: Link 0, Link Port 0 (TAB 1): DUAL DVB-S2
[   65.508574] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: Port 1: Link 0, Link Port 1 (TAB 2): NO MODULE
[   65.509582] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: Port 2: Link 0, Link Port 2 (TAB 3): NO MODULE
[   65.509955] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   65.509957] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   65.691770] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: attach tuner input 0 adr 60
[   65.691774] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...
[   65.734287] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: attach tuner input 1 adr 63
[   65.734291] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...

 

Link to post
37 minutes ago, Spiritreader said:

For the Unraid DVB plugin, Is there an option to select a newer driver version than 0.9.33-integrated?

We have a DigitalDevices Max S8X basic and it is not picked up.

The DigitalDevices Cine S6 V6 is picked up, not the S8X though.
I'm assuming I need newer drivers. How do I accomplish this?


root@UMS:~# dmesg | grep -i ddbridge
[    0.000000] Command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.fmode=1 ddbridge.msi=1
[    0.000000] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/bzimage initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.fmode=1 ddbridge.msi=1
[   65.506126] ddbridge: Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver 0.9.33-integrated, Copyright (C) 2010-17 Digital Devices GmbH
[   65.506213] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: enabling device (0000 -> 0002)
[   65.506322] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: detected Digital Devices Cine S2 V6 DVB adapter
[   65.506344] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: HW 0001000b REGMAP 00010004
[   65.506422] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: using 2 MSI interrupt(s)
[   65.507558] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: Port 0: Link 0, Link Port 0 (TAB 1): DUAL DVB-S2
[   65.508574] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: Port 1: Link 0, Link Port 1 (TAB 2): NO MODULE
[   65.509582] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: Port 2: Link 0, Link Port 2 (TAB 3): NO MODULE
[   65.509955] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   65.509957] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (DDBridge)
[   65.691770] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: attach tuner input 0 adr 60
[   65.691774] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 0 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...
[   65.734287] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: attach tuner input 1 adr 63
[   65.734291] ddbridge 0000:21:00.0: DVB: registering adapter 1 frontend 0 (STV090x Multistandard)...

 

Can you tell me which package shows up on the DVB Plugin page, LibreELEC or DigitalDevices?

Have you rebooted after selecting the digitaldevices package?

The digitaldevices package is compiled with the latest available drivers from digitaldevices from their github.

Link to post
15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you tell me which package shows up on the DVB Plugin page, LibreELEC or DigitalDevices?

Have you rebooted after selecting the digitaldevices package?

The digitaldevices package is compiled with the latest available drivers from digitaldevices from their github.

Of course! Thank you!

 

First, sanity check: The tuner is showing up.

[dd01:000b] 25:00.0 Multimedia controller: Digital Devices GmbH Device 000b

 

Then, to answer your questions:

- Package that shows up is "digitaldevices".

- I have performed a reboot after selecting download.

 

Driver version shows as 0.9.33-integrated, while the latest digitaldevices drivers seem to be 0.9.37.

The syslog also reports loading an out of date driver (c 2017)

Nov 15 11:39:37 UMS kernel: ddbridge: Digital Devices PCIE bridge driver 0.9.33-integrated, Copyright (C) 2010-17 Digital Devices GmbH

 

Since the DigitalDevices S8 series requires extra configuration, I have added this to the syslinux config

kernel /bzimage
append initrd=/bzroot ddbridge.fmode=3 ddbridge.msi=1

However, this used to be part of the documentation of the Unraid DVB post that was removed.

This config step seems to be mandatory, although I am unsure whether not configuring that prevents the drivers from picking up the card at all.

 

In case the syslinux config change isn't working anymore, what would be necessary is to create a config file in /etc/modprobe.d/ddbridge.conf which must persist between reboots.

http://support.digital-devices.eu/index.php?article=151

I'm also unsure how to achieve this with the new dvb infrastructure

 

Here's a screenshot of the page (Cine S2 V6 there, Max S8X not there)

image.thumb.png.973ffd6a3e0fe66fd0a1b35cb4d1a36f.png

Edited by Spiritreader
Link to post
12 minutes ago, Spiritreader said:

However, this used to be part of the documentation of the Unraid DVB post that was removed.

This config step seems to be mandatory, although I am unsure whether not configuring that prevents the drivers from picking up the card at all.

Thank you for the quick answer. ;)

When installing the beta35 on my server I got a similar problem.

I got a Cine C/T v6.5 with an addon card Cine C/T v6.5 and only the first Cine C/T (2 tuner instead of 4) showed up. I had to shutdown the server completely and waited for a minute and then turned back on the server. After that it picked up all of the 4 Tuners.

 

Is a little bit weired but not the first time that I got such a problem.

 

ddbrige isn't actually the driver itself can you give me the output of 'lsmod'?

The drivers for the cards tuners should be updated to that version number that you see on github.

I also build with the latest driver version.

 

Can I contact you a little bit later on this, I'm currently not at home, in which timezone are you?

Link to post
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for the quick answer. ;)

When installing the beta35 on my server I got a similar problem.

I got a Cine C/T v6.5 with an addon card Cine C/T v6.5 and only the first Cine C/T (2 tuner instead of 4) showed up. I had to shutdown the server completely and waited for a minute and then turned back on the server. After that it picked up all of the 4 Tuners.

 

Is a little bit weired but not the first time that I got such a problem.

 

ddbrige isn't actually the driver itself can you give me the output of 'lsmod'?

The drivers for the cards tuners should be updated to that version number that you see on github.

I also build with the latest driver version.

 

Can I contact you a little bit later on this, I'm currently not at home, in which timezone are you?

Hmm, that is indeed very weird.
Good to know it's not the driver version, must be something else then.

Before trying 6.9b35, I also wasn't able to get the card working on 6.8.3 with the custom-kernel-helper builder. That kernel however, also picked up the S2 C6 fine.

 

Here's the output of lsmod, I put it in a pastebin so it doesn't spam the forum.

https://pastebin.com/5RkQRr74

 

Yes you can contact me, in fact I would be very glad to!

My timezone is Europe/Berlin, GMT+1.

Thank you for trying to help me out!

Link to post
6 minutes ago, Spiritreader said:

Hmm, that is indeed very weird.
Good to know it's not the driver version, must be something else then.

Before trying 6.9b35, I also wasn't able to get the card working on 6.8.3 with the custom-kernel-helper builder. That kernel however, also picked up the S2 C6 fine.

 

Here's the output of lsmod, I put it in a pastebin so it doesn't spam the forum.

https://pastebin.com/5RkQRr74

 

Yes you can contact me, in fact I would be very glad to!

My timezone is Europe/Berlin, GMT+1.

Thank you for trying to help me out!

Then we are in the same timezone. ;)

I'm located in austria, can you write me a quick PM to talk there and post the solution here afrer we solved it?

Link to post

Hey ya'll, just had a couple of questions.  I'm trying to build my new beta image for the first time (I've been downloading the prebuilt ones so far).  I'm currently on the latest beta30 and trying to get to beta35.  Since this is my first time using the docker, I'm a little lost.  I have it setup with the correct 'beta35' flag in the settings, and it is going through the process I believe.  But it looks like it might be stuck at "CC [M] drivers/net/ethernet/emulex/benet/be_cmds.o".  At least that's where it's at in the live log.  It's been on that line for like 15 minutes.  Is this normal?

 

Also, I was thinking about just cancelling the build process and just download the prebuilt again.  But when I came here, I saw that the OP had been changed to say a prebuilt image won't be made.  I'm not in the loop.  What's changed?  It sounds like I don't need anything special now, and I can just install the default base beta from Unraid and then install some plugins?  I need a version of Unraid that has both the nVidia and DVB tuner support.  Can somebody clue me in?

 

Thanks!

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.