[Support] ich777 - Nvidia/DVB/ZFS/iSCSI/MFT Kernel Helper/Builder Docker

632 posts in this topic Last Reply

16 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

I will leave it for now and check in later, thanks for your help though.

I will report back if someone answers the issue on their Gitlab site, but I think it wouldn't be soon... :/

17 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

Not that I know of, have had the box for about 6 months and only went into the bios once before today to enable VT-D and it has worked before.

Have you also installed a dedicated graphics card in your system?

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unraid Kernel Helper/Builder With this container you can build your own customized Unraid Kernel.   Prebuilt images for direct download are on the bottom of this post.   By

CHANGELOG: 18.01.2020: Fixed a bug that ZFS is not shown in the build overwiew if it was enabled   14.01.2020: Fixed a bug that Kernel module zfs is not loaded when va

Im still confused by him. He does not want to update to 8.6.3 from 8.6.2 due to personal reasons. Yet he keeps saying the only thing it fixed was a venerability. So I guess that he needs this venerabi

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

I have a 1050TI that does my transcoding for now but I would like to retire it one day. Cheers

Please doublecheck that you set the first GPU in the BIOS to the iGPU and not to the PCIe slot so that the iGPU is activated.

If you have installed the Plugin you don't have to create a file or anything it will enable it automatically as I said on the Plugin installation or boot of the server and you should be able to transcode with the iGPU, even if the tool 'intel_gpu_top' isn't working.

Just check if you have the directory '/dev/dri' on your server and you should be good to go (but please be sure to first uninstall the Nvidia-Driver Plugin or go back to a stock Unraid version if you are on 6.8.3) and then create a device and passthrough '/dev/dri' in the template of Plex, Emby,...

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please doublecheck that you set the first GPU in the BIOS to the iGPU and not to the PCIe slot so that the iGPU is activated.

This was it, I didn't realize that a BIOS setting even had that effect. Its working now, thank you for your patience and help troubleshooting.

25 minutes ago, Dimtar said:

This was it, I didn't realize that a BIOS setting even had that effect. Its working now, thank you for your patience and help troubleshooting.

Does the transcoding now work?

Is the command 'intel_gpu_top' now also working?