906 posts in this topic Last Reply

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unraid Kernel Helper/Builder With this container you can build your own customized Unraid Kernel.   Prebuilt images for direct download are on the bottom of this post.   By

CHANGELOG: 08.04.2021: Changed template to be compatible with unRAID v6.9.2 19.03.2021: Added possibility to load AMD Drivers/Kernel Module amdgpu on startup and install 'r

Im still confused by him. He does not want to update to 8.6.3 from 8.6.2 due to personal reasons. Yet he keeps saying the only thing it fixed was a venerability. So I guess that he needs this venerabi

Posted Images

On 6/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, ich777 said:

I have sent a PM to you.

Wondering if you could still help me.

The radeontop plugin seems to be able to install successfully now but I still cannot boot into GUI mode.

I gave up on that and am now just trying to get a passthrough for a windows 10 VM to work. Whenever I start up the VM, I can tell that something is happening because my HDMI output goes black in a similar way to when trying to start GUI mode but nothing more than that.

Just like GUI mode, CTL-ALT-F3 bring up a cursor for command entry but that's obviously not what I'm looking for. Any ideas?

59 minutes ago, sunbear said:

I gave up on that and am now just trying to get a passthrough for a windows 10 VM to work. Whenever I start up the VM, I can tell that something is happening because my HDMI output goes black in a similar way to when trying to start GUI mode but nothing more than that.

For such things I don't recommend installing the RadenTOP plugin sonce if you are planing to pass through the iGPU to a VM you have no benefit of enabling it on the host first, rather I would bind it to VFIO.

Also this question is better be asked in the VM Support subforums.

Keep in mind that passing through the only GPU in your Server to a VM can be very tricky and doesn't work always from what I know.

I should have waited a few minutes before commenting.

I tried changing some settings in my BIOS and apparently there was a setting for the GPU to use pcie insteaad of integrated (I don't have a pcie gpu). After changing that setting and reinstalling the radeontop plugin, my VM is now passing through my APU! I haven't tried a reboot yet nor have I tried GUI boot but I'm optimistic.

Anyone having similar issues should double check all your BIOS settings!

Now I just have to figure out how to get my damn usb i/o to pass through.

7 minutes ago, sunbear said:

Now I just have to figure out how to get my damn usb i/o to pass through.

I would recommend that you buy a PCIe card and pass the entire card through to the VM so that hotplug is working properly... Or of you got a second controller on the motherboard to pass through that entirely so that you can take advantage of passthrough.

Glad to hear that after a reboot everything is working.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would recommend that you buy a PCIe card and pass the entire card through to the VM so that hotplug is working properly... Or of you got a second controller on the motherboard to pass through that entirely so that you can take advantage of passthrough.

Glad to hear that after a reboot everything is working.

Unfortunately, ut's an ITX board with only on PCIe slot which is occupied by my SAS card. Hence why I'm trying to utilize my APU.

My though is that I have an APU just sitting there taking up overhead on my CPU so I might as well try to use it for something. So I thought I would try making my existing server into an extra windows 10 machine for me to use for basic web browsing in my bedroom.