[Support] ich777 - Nvidia/DVB/ZFS/iSCSI/MFT Kernel Helper/Builder Docker


906 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unraid Kernel Helper/Builder With this container you can build your own customized Unraid Kernel.   Prebuilt images for direct download are on the bottom of this post.   By

CHANGELOG: 08.04.2021: Changed template to be compatible with unRAID v6.9.2 19.03.2021: Added possibility to load AMD Drivers/Kernel Module amdgpu on startup and install 'r

Im still confused by him. He does not want to update to 8.6.3 from 8.6.2 due to personal reasons. Yet he keeps saying the only thing it fixed was a venerability. So I guess that he needs this venerabi

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Dazog said:

Can we be provided an option to specify where we can get the nvidia drivers?

 

For example Nvidia has beta drivers listed here:

 

http://developer.download.nvidia.com/compute/cuda/11.0.1/local_installers/cuda_11.0.1_450.36.06_linux.run

 

an option in the docker to custom field our own download link?

You can do that, I write you a private message. ;)

Link to post
6 hours ago, mkfelidae said:

Looks good here, shows the Nvidia GPU information i would need to pass a GPU to a docker, shows my ZFS information (currently no pools is correct, i haven't set any up yet.) and also shows that there are DVB adapters on my system.  Fine work I must say.

What DVB Cards are you using?

I hope you don't mind me asking but can you post a screenshot if you are using the LibreELEC, Xbox One USB or TBS drivers?

Link to post
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

What DVB Cards are you using?

I hope you don't mind me asking but can you post a screenshot if you are using the LibreELEC, Xbox One USB or TBS drivers?

I use two USB tuner sticks, both from hauppage, a WinTV-HVR (a single ATSC tuner with composite video input as well) and a WinTV-DualHD (a double ATSC tuner with no other features) both appear to use different drivers.  and for the DualHD it shows up as the same driver twice.  This uses the LibreELEC drivers as far as I know, I have always used the LibreELEC build before as that was the only build that showed my tuners.

402416408_unraidkernelhelperbetapluginscreenshot.thumb.png.adbf18739839c4f62a36243cae4c47bf.png

Link to post
48 minutes ago, mkfelidae said:

I use two USB tuner sticks, both from hauppage, a WinTV-HVR (a single ATSC tuner with composite video input as well) and a WinTV-DualHD (a double ATSC tuner with no other features) both appear to use different drivers.  and for the DualHD it shows up as the same driver twice.  This uses the LibreELEC drivers as far as I know, I have always used the LibreELEC build before as that was the only build that showed my tuners.

Thank you very much!

I should rename that a little bit in the plugin, it actually shows the loaded Kernel modules for the installed DVB cards/tuners (there is no other good way of showing the real name if the cards/tuners are used by another application).

The version that is shown is also the version of the first Kernel module in the first slot, but I think this should do it for now, since they are showing up.

Link to post

Found this in the logs while the container was working, maybe it s nothing but I ll put them here anyway :

 


/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 235: [: 0.8.4: integer expression expected
---One or more Stock Unraid v6.8.3 files not found, downloading...---
---Latest version for ZFS: v0.8.4---

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 235: [: 0.8.4: integer expression expected
---One or more Stock Unraid v6.8.3 files not found, downloading...---
---Successfully downloaded Stock Unraid v6.8.3---

 

Other than that is looks good. I only have a gpu in my test server, no tunner cards.

 

plugin.thumb.PNG.ddc05d0ef114820ba5793ba80f472816.PNG

 

Edited by suyac
Link to post
13 hours ago, suyac said:

Found this in the logs while the container was working, maybe it s nothing but I ll put them here anyway

 

13 hours ago, suyac said:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 235: [: 0.8.4: integer expression expected

This is actually a thing on my to do list but has no importatn priority since this will not affect any user (at least if someone is not going to set ZFS to version 0.7 or lower). FIXED

 

13 hours ago, suyac said:

Other than that is looks good. I only have a gpu in my test server, no tunner cards.

Appreciated.

Edited by ich777
Link to post
On 6/15/2020 at 8:20 AM, ich777 said:

@TexasDave, @Ramiii, @MowMdown, @Jus, @Marshalleq, @suyac, @monstahnator, @scottc, @Alphacosmos, @mkfelidae, @sjaak

 

Beta Plugin is out right now:


https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ich777/unraid-kernel-helper-plugin/master/plugins/Unraid-Kernel-Helper.plg

Please feel free to test and report back if something is wrong or not properly working. ;)

Yeah got it going nice work man. How would i amend the docker to work with the new 6.9 beta 22 that released a few hours ago. Id love to test the pools

Link to post
9 hours ago, Marshalleq said:

I see beta 22 has been released here:  So when I get a chance, I will install it / compile for it.  Won't be able to try for another 4 hours at least though - @ich777 it will be interesting to see if this container handles it already or needs changes to make it work.

Should just work fine.

EDIT: Made a small modification so that DVB builds everything (one module was missing)

 

4 hours ago, Alphacosmos said:

Yeah got it going nice work man. How would i amend the docker to work with the new 6.9 beta 22 that released a few hours ago. Id love to test the pools

Please read the first page on the bottom but I would do it like this:

 

  1. Update to the new stock Beta and reboot

 

Download/Redownload the template from the CA App and change the following things:

 

  • Change the repository from 'ich777/unraid-kernel-helper:6.8.3' to 'ich777/unraid-kernel-helper:6.9.0'
  • Select the build options that you prefer
  • Click on 'Show more settings...'
  • Set Beta Build to 'true'
  • Start the container and it will create the folders '/stock/beta' inside the main folder
  • Place the files bzimage bzroot bzmodules bzfirmware in the folder from step 5 (after the start of the container you have 2 minutes to copy over the files, if you don't copy over the files within this 2 mintues simply restart the container and the build will start if it finds all files)
  • Reboot

 

Doesn't work with 6.9.0 beta22

 

@Marshalleq & @Alphacosmos & @Dazog

EDIT2: Fixed everything, builds now sucessfully.

Please be sure to update first to the new beta reboot and then do the steps above ;)

Edited by ich777
Link to post
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Should just work fine.

EDIT: Made a small modification so that DVB builds everything (one module was missing)

 

Please read the first page on the bottom but I would do it like this:

 

  1. Update to the new stock Beta and reboot

 

Download/Redownload the template from the CA App and change the following things:

 

  • Change the repository from 'ich777/unraid-kernel-helper:6.8.3' to 'ich777/unraid-kernel-helper:6.9.0'
  • Select the build options that you prefer
  • Click on 'Show more settings...'
  • Set Beta Build to 'true'
  • Start the container and it will create the folders '/stock/beta' inside the main folder
  • Place the files bzimage bzroot bzmodules bzfirmware in the folder from step 5 (after the start of the container you have 2 minutes to copy over the files, if you don't copy over the files within this 2 mintues simply restart the container and the build will start if it finds all files)
  • Reboot

It's possible the nvidia drivers do not support 5.7?

 

unRAID rc.docker: EmbyServer: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused \"process_linux.go:432: running prestart hook 0 caused \\\"error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: driver error: failed to process request\\\\n\\\"\"": unknown

 

Getting errors with any docker using the nvidia card and card doesn't show up in plugin.

Link to post
Just now, Dazog said:

It's possible the nvidia drivers do not support 5.7?

 

unRAID rc.docker: EmbyServer: Error response from daemon: OCI runtime create failed: container_linux.go:349: starting container process caused "process_linux.go:449: container init caused \"process_linux.go:432: running prestart hook 0 caused \\\"error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: driver error: failed to process request\\\\n\\\"\"": unknown

 

Getting errors with any docker using the nvidia card and card doesn't show up in plugin.

Something changed at build, I have to look into this but I have to go to my real work now...

Link to post
Just now, ich777 said:

Something changed at build, I have to look into this but I have to go to my real work now...

No worries, rolling back to non nvidia build for now.

 

Let me know later if you need testing help :)

Link to post
14 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Wow that’s very nice work!!

Appreciated.

You could also build your own Kernel/Images if you are interested. ;)

Please read the descriptions of the template and the first post of this thread carefully and you should be ready to go. :)

Edited by ich777
Link to post

Ok, now on your Pre-Build 6.9.0beta22 w/NVIDIA driver backed-in.  Works well.  I can confirm my PLEX still does HW transcoding, and my System Temps now works fine on my X570 motherboard w/ Ryzen 9 3900x :D

 

Question:  Is there a newer version of the NVIDIA Driver available ? I thought that 440.82 is pretty old (not sure).

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Ok, now on your Pre-Build 6.9.0beta22 w/NVIDIA driver backed-in.  Works well.  I can confirm my PLEX still does HW transcoding, and my System Temps now works fine on my X570 motherboard w/ Ryzen 9 3900x

Keep in mind you can always build them yourself. ;)

(Plugin for my Kernel/Images is also available on the CA App)

Good to hear :D

 

28 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

I thought that 440.82 is pretty old (not sure).

This is the latest version for Linux (note that Linux and Windows drivers are not on the same version - Windows drivers are always ahead)

You can always look up the latest release for Linux here: Click or you could also go to the index of all versions: Click

(There is also a beta version available but you have to implement that manually into the build script)

Edited by ich777
Link to post
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

(There is also a beta version available but you have to implement that manually into the build script)

Oh! this is what got me confused, i didn't saw it was a beta of the driver :)

 

Anyone know how to add one of the language pack? (i mean the official ones already created).  If I go to settings / display, there is only English in the drop down box.

Link to post
9 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

Oh! this is what got me confused, i didn't saw it was a beta of the driver :)

 

Anyone know how to add one of the language pack? (i mean the official ones already created).  If I go to settings / display, there is only English in the drop down box.

No this is no beta driver, it is only a beta driver available (Cuda driver package).

My container is built with the latest official Linux version of the nVidia drivers.

 

You have to update CA App if it's not on the newest version and then you have to search for your language in the CA App, can only speak for German but that works just fine ;)

Edited by ich777
Link to post
3 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

I'm still trying to find a way to have my Win10 VM booting.  I know with QEMU 5.0, they have an issue with Ryzen 3000 series CPU causing a Kernel Crash.   

Is this eventually what you are searching for (the comment from @rango3221, please keep in mind that I also got problems when having the nVidia drivers preinstalled for transcoding/Steam Docker Container and try to run a VM on the same machine - I'm on Intel, I think you actually need a second graphics card to boot up the VM, this is also adressed in the Linuxserver.io thread):

 

 

Edited by ich777
Link to post
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is this eventually what you are searching for (the comment from @rango3221, please keep in mind that I also got problems when having the nVidia drivers preinstalled for transcoding/Steam Docker Container and try to run a VM on the same machine - I'm on Intel, I think you actually need a second graphics card to boot up the VM, this is also adressed in the Linuxserver.io thread):

 

 

 

After reading couple of options, since this VM only host a Backup server software, I switch the CPU to Emulated instead of Host-Passthru.  I don't really care the degraded performances due to this.  There is a CPU feature that is passed with 5.0 that doesn't work with Ryzen, only on EPIC, that's why it causing this.  Also, alternatively, can modify the domain XML of the VM to add a bunch of stuff. 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.