[Support] ich777 - Nvidia/DVB/ZFS/iSCSI/MFT Kernel Helper/Builder Docker


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, rachid596 said:

I compile my kernel for bêta 24 with nvidia and it's work.
Great News no more need flr patch for Audio and usb passthrough on x570 ryzen Board. It's implemented in 5.7.7 stock kernel emoji16.png.


Envoyé de mon HD1913 en utilisant Tapatalk
 

Great to hear ;)

Prebuilt images are now online ;)

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment

@ich777 Is it expected that the sizes of the re-compiled files vary slightly in size? What I mean is I am using this to compile latest 6.9.0 beta 24 for Nvidia and DVB, using the defaults of latest and latest with beta enabled.

 

The compilation seems to go smooth and without issue. But, if I download your pre-compiled beta 24 with nvidia and dvb and look at the file sizes compared to mine, they are slightly different. Does the fact that my architecture is an AMD system make a difference?

 

image.thumb.png.0f9514c7d9c68374e2359b98cdca37ab.png

image.thumb.png.649bc1cca1c4f0083f4e0588ce6304f7.png

image.thumb.png.9252d7b492ea17f6668c0fe4c8fd481a.png

image.thumb.png.4cac9773745853ac3decaacc1836fb50.png

image.thumb.png.57a01979d9672e86d2091f6bd64e8c28.png

Edited by cybrnook
  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

@ich777 Is it expected that the sizes of the re-compiled files vary slightly in size? What I mean is I am using this to compile latest 6.9.0 beta 24 for Nvidia and DVB, using the defaults of latest and latest with beta enabled.

 

The compilation seems to go smooth and without issue. But, if I download your pre-compiled beta 24 with nvidia and dvb and look at the file sizes compared to mine, they are slightly different. Does the fact that my architecture is an AMD system make a difference?

 

image.thumb.png.0f9514c7d9c68374e2359b98cdca37ab.png

Have you also left the nVidia driver version at latest? If so, that is pretty normal since I've baked the latest beta drivers into the images and these are not available with 'latest' since they are beta drivers you have to change it to '450.51' to get these drivers.

 

It is also possible that the compression is slightly different, for example on the bzimage.

I compile and create the images on my Xeon 2670's also possible that there is a slight difference.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, cybrnook said:

Yep, that may very well be it. I will try by modifying the Nvidia driver version to the specific version vs "latest" 🙂

Please report back if you finished building the images, but keep in mind that it always can differ a little bit.

I also have some filesize variations if I build the images multiple times with the same settings, don't ask me why (haven't got time to investigate)...

Link to comment
Just now, ich777 said:

Please report back if you finished building the images, but keep in mind that it always can differ a little bit.

I also have some filesize variations if I build the images multiple times with the same settings, don't ask me why (haven't got time to investigate)...

No worries, just wanted to make sure something wasn't going as expected. 🙂 Compiling now, will report back.

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, cybrnook said:

No worries, just wanted to make sure something wasn't going as expected. 🙂 Compiling now, will report back.

If everything went well with the nVidia drivers the filesize of bzroot should be ~240MB, this should tell you everything went well with the nVidia drivers.

EDIT: This is completely dependent on the variables you choose... and also the driver version could be 20 to 30 MB up or down.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

EDIT: This is completely dependent on the variables you choose... and also the driver version could be 20 to 30 MB up or down.

Of course, that is expected. What I was thinking to see though, is assuming I left all default values, then only change to Nvidia (BETA now) and latest DVB, then the outcome would be the same (or close). I am sure it's not an issue, as it seems to work fine. I was just pondering why sizing was different if all else was same :-).

Link to comment

Hi - I just want to participate to this channel on the huge work and say a huge thank you for this container. I've used this container to build a kernel with a new version of r8152 driver. I searched for days to find a way to do it and with this container - it was really easy to do it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 minutes ago, Pducharme said:

@ich777 beta25 just dropped today.  I’ll wait your nvidia compiled version :)

I will compile it in a few hours. ;)

 

5 minutes ago, david279 said:

Beta25?

Compiles fine with my image. ;)

If you want to compile it on your own, i will start compiling the prebuilt images in a few hours. :)

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.