Nvidea GPU for mundane use cases?

I am looking to get a Nvidea GPU for UnManic, Folding at Home (F@H) and Plex. I do not have a 4k TV or media but assume I will in the next year or so. I am a slow mover here. I do have multile family and friends that access my Plex but no one is screaming for 4k. If this should be posted someplace else, please advise.

I have looked here:

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-decode-gpu-support-matrix

But some of the terms are alien to me.  You can expand the above to list all cards (including legacy ones). There is a table for both encode and decode.

Thinking about the 1050ti or maybe GTX 950 but willing to go up a notch if needed but feel my use cases today are fairly mundane? My machine specs are in my signature.

Which columns (NVENC Support Matrix) are relevent for UnManic, F@H and Plex? I think the H.265 encode is important for unManic? Sorry, probably obvious but want to make sure I get the relevent card for UnManic (and F@H if possble).

•     H.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:2:0
  •     H.264 (AVCHD) YUV 4:4:4
  •     H.264 (AVCHD) Lossless
  •     H.265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:2:0
  •     H.265 (HEVC) 4K YUV 4:4:4
  •     H.265 (HEVC) 4K Lossless
  •     H.265 (HEVC) 8k

Do I also need to look at the NVDEC Support Matrix in addition to the above? I assume I do for Plex? What columns in that table are relevent for UnManix, Plex and F@H?

Any advice on what coumns need to be "YES", in both tables for my use case would be appreciated.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...