All of images I pulled from docker by command line would turn to orphan ...

First  of all ,I don't why some apps exsit on docker but not being available in Community Applications ? Such as 

romancin/tinymediamanager

After that,I pulled the Tinymediamanager by command line, it shows "install successfully", whereas it reveals Orphan Image in docker page finnally.

I got the same result after many times. 

699580812_commandline.thumb.png.a2bfc002f694ef7cd853971f006cb4fa.pngorphan.thumb.png.bef5533381b8455b0db6b7e44c3e8a5c.png

Would you tell me how to fix it ?

Thanks for helping.

here is the log:

WX20200527-122828@2x.thumb.png.10ce669ee6f2d68ad50dc143b67801b6.png

PS:

I could not install the apps of preview version , likes Sonarr V3. I still get the orphan image if i manually install by command line.

Info:

Unraid Version: 6.8.3 

Community Applications Zawadzki 2020.05.25 up-to-date

Motherboard HP Gen8 

CPU: Intel E3 1265L V2

Edited by zephyr777

Probably because the container hasn't been initialized to run after a simple pull.  IE: switching to docker run instead of docker pull doesn't result in an orphan, and starting the container after a pull via docker run also fixes the problem.

1 hour ago, zephyr777 said:

First  of all ,I don't why some apps exsit on docker but not being available in Community Applications ? Such as 

romancin/tinymediamanager

Because no one has made a template for it.  IE: There's far more needed to do get the container actually running then simply doing

docker run romancin/tinymediamanager

(That, and it probably wouldn't be a big stretch to say that there's a significant percentage of containers on dockerHub that actually do not work)

But, you can enable docker hub searches in CA's settings which will allow you to search dockerHub and install (create a template for you to fill out) any random app on dockerHub.

You are going to want to peruse https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/page/2/#comment-566095

6 hours ago, Squid said:

Probably because the container hasn't been initialized to run after a simple pull.  IE: switching to docker run instead of docker pull doesn't result in an orphan, and starting the container after a pull via docker run also fixes the problem.

Because no one has made a template for it.  IE: There's far more needed to do get the container actually running then simply doing

docker run romancin/tinymediamanager

(That, and it probably wouldn't be a big stretch to say that there's a significant percentage of containers on dockerHub that actually do not work)

But, you can enable docker hub searches in CA's settings which will allow you to search dockerHub and install (create a template for you to fill out) any random app on dockerHub.

You are going to want to peruse https://forums.unraid.net/topic/57181-docker-faq/page/2/#comment-566095

Thank for you help.

I am a novice in linux and docker.

I used "Docker pull" in OMV, that would be done.

Docker run works. It pull and initialize the image ,and start it.  There is no orphan image any more.

But the other issue happen , the tinymediamanegement and the Sonarr:perview could not start normally.

It seems that process stuck in the command line, and some strange image appear in docker.

Could you tell me how to fix it?

tinymediamanegement install log:

1481053750_stucktmm.thumb.png.77ba7689b236b23267e16b25bf7e47b8.png

sonarr:perview install log:

1630278469_sonarrlog.thumb.png.8d3ece9fd5758bae3f61c8f1fdde6495.png

Did you

On 5/27/2020 at 1:35 AM, Squid said:

Basically zero chance the container will work, because you're not even doing the sample docker run (adjusted accordingly) command listed on the docker's page

docker run -d --name=tinymediamanager \
-v /share/Container/tinymediamanager/config:/config \
-v /share/Container/tinymediamanager/media:/media \
-e GROUP_ID=0 -e USER_ID=0 -e TZ=Europe/Madrid \
-p 5800:5800 \
-p 5900:5900 \
romancin/tinymediamanager:latest

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 8:45 PM, Squid said:

Did you

Basically zero chance the container will work, because you're not even doing the sample docker run (adjusted accordingly) command listed on the docker's page

docker run -d --name=tinymediamanager \
-v /share/Container/tinymediamanager/config:/config \
-v /share/Container/tinymediamanager/media:/media \
-e GROUP_ID=0 -e USER_ID=0 -e TZ=Europe/Madrid \
-p 5800:5800 \
-p 5900:5900 \
romancin/tinymediamanager:latest

Thank you so much