Cachemare... ok, more me being an idiot..

So..upgraded the case for my Unraid server..bringing drives from another unused system (planning to have a cache pool and some drives for the Windows VM).

Anyhow...started, added a 2nd cache drive to the array, shutdown accidentally (the little fella hit the Power Button as didnt have all tucked away).

So restart, Cache Pool seems to exist, showing 500GB (2 x 250GB SSD's)..

Try and run Plex on the TV and it cant find a library, etc etc. Decide to remove the 2nd cache disk (assuming it will revert back to the 1st), and now the first is no longer recognised and the only way to remont them is to erase the data.

All the Appdata/System Data is on the cache drive, and no I didnt do a backup (hence the idiot part in the title).

I currently have the drive sitting in unassigned devices...but cannot mount it there.

Question..is there any way I can access this file to remove the appdata and then do a formated cache install, or am I up the creek without a paddle?

Thanks johnnie.black , 

Doesnt seem to be working for me, but probably doing it wrong.. just to check.

Should I attempt this with the drives back in the Cache Pool, or in Unassigned Devices?

Also replacing the "x", if I have 2 drives Cache (sdf), and Cache 2 (sdb), should I be typing "sdf1" in a single command or "sdfsdb1". Tried combinations (including cache1) and nothing seemed to progress for me.

Thanks

D

25 minutes ago, djglenn said:

Should I attempt this with the drives back in the Cache Pool, or in Unassigned Devices?

It doesn't matter as long as all members are connected to the server.

25 minutes ago, djglenn said:

Also replacing the "x", if I have 2 drives Cache (sdf), and Cache 2 (sdb), should I be typing "sdf1" in a single command or "sdfsdb1". Tried combinations (including cache1) and nothing seemed to progress for me.

Always use only one device, for a healthy pool you can use either one, the other device(s) will be found automatically, but in a case like this always try both, one at a time.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Johnnie.

So using the code btrfs restore -v /dev/sdX1 /mnt/disk2/restore I was able to retrieve app data and system info from the 2nd disk "sdb" (I guess the one I was originally trying was not the original cache...).

Using Krusader I have moved the data back to "appdata" and restarted.

I guess I knew it wasnt going to magically bring anything back, so reinstalled plex via Docker as a test.

It seems to pick up my profile i.e the users I have, but when logging in it says "Media is currently unavailable" on all the file types.

I am guessing I have somehow broken the links?

Any ideas? TBH Plex is the only one I am interested in saving as the rest will not take allot of setting up from scratch, where as Plex will be a pain in the @ss... 

Edited by djglenn

The Previous Apps feature on the Apps page will reinstall any/all of your dockers exactly as they were. If you have lost the appdata for any docker it will get created from scratch when you reinstall the docker. So if you have lost Plex appdata it is easy to set up the container again, but you will have to set up the libraries in the plex application again and let it rescan your media.