ext4 drive not mountable in Unassigned Devices

I've just inserted a new ext4 formatted drive from another computer that was working just fine. When put into my UnRaid, I don't see any option to mount, I can only pre-clear. I went into the terminal and only see /dev/sde, not /dev/sde1, so for some reason it looks like UnRaid isn't seeing the partition. I've been searching to see if there's something I'm missing about ext4, but from all the posts, it looks like ext4 should be readable. I can provide logs if needed, but I don't know which logs would be helpful in this case.

Thanks in advance.

2020-05-27 09_18_31-Komodo_Main.png

4 hours ago, dansushi said:

What's odd is I just took it out of a linux system where it was working perfectly fine. I just tested it again in the other system and it's all good.

I don't have any idea why that is, but UD can't do anything with the drive unless Linux recognizes the partition format.

Is it a USB connected drive?  If so try a USB2 port?

I've just realized what may be going on. In my Debian Linux system, I formatted the entire drive (not a partition) as ext4 (so /dev/sde, not /dev/sde1).

Apparently that is a thing that you can do even though it isn't recommended, and Debian works with it fine. So I guess other flavors of Linux recognize that while UnRaid (or likely the UD plugin) isn't equipped to handle a format like that. Perhaps this is something that I can report as a bug/feature request in "Unassigned Devices"

8 minutes ago, dansushi said:

I've just realized what may be going on. In my Debian Linux system, I formatted the entire drive (not a partition) as ext4 (so /dev/sde, not /dev/sde1).

Apparently that is a thing that you can do even though it isn't recommended, and Debian works with it fine. So I guess other flavors of Linux recognize that while UnRaid (or likely the UD plugin) isn't equipped to handle a format like that. Perhaps this is something that I can report as a bug/feature request in "Unassigned Devices"

If Linux (Unraid uses Slackware) doesn't recognize the partition on the disk, UD can't do anything to fix that - it's not a bug.  Unraid uses xfs, btrfs, and reiserfs (for compatibility), and doesn't natively use ext4.  Because of that, ext4 support in Unraid may not be what it is in other Linux implementations.  I'm not sure what you are planning on using the disk for, but my suggestion would be to use another format that is better supported by Unraid.