[Support] SpaceinvaderOne Deconz

On 5/27/2020 at 6:11 PM, SpaceInvaderOne said:

There will be a video series (soon) for setting up Home assistant in docker (rather than hassio vm)  along with deconz, mosquitto etc

I am pretty desperate for this video SIO! :-)  Please can you let us know when you think it will be due out?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OH MY GOSH - I've just worked out why my Home Assistant couldn't talk to my Phoscon/Deconz app....   They weren't on the same docker network... DOH!! 

My HA was on "host" because there was too many ports to map across, and my Phoscon was on br0 (also as shown in SIO's instructions but made the most sense because it needs it's own IP for things to find it on tcp/80 and tcp/443. 

I found out by going into the console of the HA container and trying to ping my Phoscon IP - it failed!  So the "Api key couldn't not be whatever" is utter bullsh!t from an error message. 

I also realised it couldn't talk to Pi-hole (which I was less worried about, but equally as annoyed with not working) - and for anyone else who lives and breaths the SIO videos - it's also on br0!! 

So once my HA was moved onto the br0 network everything worked - well - not everything, now it can't talk to the host, so I can't get Sonnar or Raddar data into my HA setup but that really is the lowest of the low priorities and now I've worked this out I'll try and work out how to get it talking to both br0 and host networks.  

• 3 weeks later...

If someone still has issues getting this to work I was able to solve it by using bits and pieces of this thread.

1. Make sure both dockers are in the same mode. Either as Host (remember to change port from port 80) or as custom br0.
This is the most common reason they can't communicate

2.There's a newer version of the docker in a different repo. See this post

On 12/11/2020 at 10:37 AM, Propaganda said:

I updated mine to the latest stable version by using this template for the official docker repo: 'marthoc/deconz':

image.thumb.png.36b9da86d552933169684f6dcc55e4c8.png

I would suggest taking a backup first, but mine updated without any issues.

3. This is how you flash the firmware. During the flashing process. Double check the latest version that's displayed. Also look for ConBeeII in the file name. My first time I took the wrong file and it failed

On 2/17/2021 at 11:59 AM, h0schi said:

Thank you - thats what i searched :)

If you need to also update the firmware of the conbee2-stick.

Execute following commands in Unraid-terminal:

1) docker stop deconz

2) docker run -it --rm --entrypoint "/firmware-update.sh" --privileged --cap-add=ALL -v /dev:/dev -v /lib/modules:/lib/modules -v /sys:/sys marthoc/deconz

3) Device Path: /dev/ttyACM0 

4) File Name: deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26660700.bin.GCF

5) Press "Y"

6) Wait about 30 seconds

7) docker start deconz

Happy Zigbeeing

• 3 months later...

Hey there, I can't right click on the nodes via VNC viewer in this instance of deconz. Does anybody got a clue how this could work?

Here a screenshot how it is in the docker and how it is in the normal deconz installation on my PC. I need the right click menu to add some sensors.

image.thumb.png.5826643c2dfbe6f0211dde9fee0a242f.png

image.thumb.png.f9aa1a2c6dd76225f3428699b7cfa5c2.png

I need the possibility to right click nodes and get the options shown there.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/23/2022 at 7:37 AM, kenig said:

Will there be an update to use the new git? https://github.com/deconz-community/deconz-docker

marthoc won't be updated anymore

Hey @kenig, I completed the transition myself just this weekend.

Please note that for me it was a breaking change that worked a treat with the restore of a phoscon backup.

All I had  to do was replace the marthoc docker address with the new community one and start the container.

Others may have a way to do this smoother. I dont think I had to restore when I transitioned initially to Marthoc but the deconz git indicates this is a rather large update.

Hope it all goes smoothly

Screenshot 2022-01-24 103227.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep, would be fantastic if this were updated to latest 2.14.01 because it fixes a number of issues with hue + tradfri switches amongst others 

Edit:

I just had to do 2 minor changes in the docker settings to upgrade and get the latest deconz-community docker:

1) Under advanced view change repository from spaceinvader to:

deconzcommunity/deconz

2) Change appdata container path to:

/opt/deCONZ

Edited by Ptolemyiv
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 7:11 PM, SpaceInvaderOne said:

There will be a video series (soon) for setting up Home assistant in docker (rather than hassio vm)  along with deconz, mosquitto etc

Has this video ever materialized, or will you come up with something similar soon? Deconz docker + HA VM?? Would be great!

• 1 month later...

Sorry if this the wrong place but I recently got my Conbee II stick and first thing I tried was to Passthrough to HA VM and set it up using the Zigbee integration. But after restarting I am getting this error

[Errno 2] could not open port /dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2497572-if00: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/dev/serial/by-id/usb-dresden_elektronik_ingenieurtechnik_GmbH_ConBee_II_DE2497572-if00

So some research revealed that there are issues with Passthrough of the USB device. Next thing I stumbled upon is to run Deconz and just skip the hassle. Now I am wondering whether there are any downsides of using this Docker and making it available to HA via the Deconz integration compared to what I tried. Especially regarding reaction speed (e.g. with motion sensors)?

Also, any idea how to attack my initial problem with the USB Passthrough? Detaching and Re-attaching it does not help. And whenever I restart the unraid server I have to unplug and replug my Zwave stick or the Zwave devices do not work in HA. Not sure whether this is correlated though as I had the problem before adding Zigbee. 😅

I appreciate any info! Thanks a lot! 

• 1 month later...

I'm having similar issues connecting my Conbee II into the HA integrations, I'm still getting the error - "Couldn't get an API key", this is after pressing authenticate app button within the Phoscon app. Deconz recognizes my host address but that's about as far as I can get. I suspect it's something to do with how my containers are configured on the network. I have tried changing the networks within each container, HA or Deconz but with some options I cannot access the webui to complete the integration. Hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

Capture.PNG

• 4 weeks later...

@SpaceInvaderOne

As I'm posting this question I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your excellent tutorials on Youtube!
Learnt a lot about unraid, VM's and Docker from those. Also like your chill way of presenting stuff.

I hope you keep making content for many many years to come. You rock, sir!

Now, as for my question/request. 😄
Would it be possible to update this docker image? I believe the current version of deconz is 2.17.01, but this docker image is running 2.13.01?

Thank you again.

-J

bilde.png

bilde.png

Edited by DogeKitteh007
typo
On 6/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, Mustard_Tiger said:

I'm having similar issues connecting my Conbee II into the HA integrations, I'm still getting the error - "Couldn't get an API key", this is after pressing authenticate app button within the Phoscon app. Deconz recognizes my host address but that's about as far as I can get. I suspect it's something to do with how my containers are configured on the network. I have tried changing the networks within each container, HA or Deconz but with some options I cannot access the webui to complete the integration. Hope this makes sense.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

Capture.PNG

Have you fixed the issue?

Edited by DogeKitteh007
2 hours ago, rikki said:

am getting the same any one have any advice

On 7/19/2021 at 8:15 PM, tomwhi said:

OH MY GOSH - I've just worked out why my Home Assistant couldn't talk to my Phoscon/Deconz app....   They weren't on the same docker network... DOH!! 

My HA was on "host" because there was too many ports to map across, and my Phoscon was on br0 (also as shown in SIO's instructions but made the most sense because it needs it's own IP for things to find it on tcp/80 and tcp/443. 

I found out by going into the console of the HA container and trying to ping my Phoscon IP - it failed!  So the "Api key couldn't not be whatever" is utter bullsh!t from an error message. 

I also realised it couldn't talk to Pi-hole (which I was less worried about, but equally as annoyed with not working) - and for anyone else who lives and breaths the SIO videos - it's also on br0!! 

So once my HA was moved onto the br0 network everything worked - well - not everything, now it can't talk to the host, so I can't get Sonnar or Raddar data into my HA setup but that really is the lowest of the low priorities and now I've worked this out I'll try and work out how to get it talking to both br0 and host networks.  

Tried this solution?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...