[Support] SpaceinvaderOne Deconz

One year later... here I am. I tried all the methods mentioned in the previous answers but I still have problems with the integration of deCONZ.

I still get the "Couldn't get an API key" error. 

The problem is that if I set the network type to host in the deCONZ template, I can't access the webUI. Vice versa, if I set the network type to br0 and assign an IP in the Home Assistant Core template, I can't access the webUI. If I leave the different network type configurations, both webUI work.

Can someone please help me? I really can't find a solution...

Here is my actual configuration:

2094293217_Schermata2020-12-02alle19_09_49.thumb.png.83d9210237fd9dbe308e8950d1e5785c.png

16 hours ago, Er_Ricotta said:

"Couldn't get an API key" error. 

I had exactly the same issue too, my post is in this thread so you might have tried this already. 

I ended up using a different container off the Docker Hub.  I can't see which container you're using (I'd need to see the edit page & Repo or send another screenshot with advanced options enabled). 

I used this guide and it sorted me out: 

6 hours ago, tomwhi said:

I had exactly the same issue too, my post is in this thread so you might have tried this already. 

I ended up using a different container off the Docker Hub.  I can't see which container you're using (I'd need to see the edit page & Repo or send another screenshot with advanced options enabled). 

I used this guide and it sorted me out: 

Thank you for your help. I ended up to use deCONZ add on, and then use it to integrate in Home Assistant. Add ons are only available for hassio_supervisor docker, not for Home-Assistant-Core docker. So I had to switch them.

On 12/9/2020 at 11:08 AM, joggs said:

New stable release of deconz. https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/releases

It would be great to see an updated unraid version as the current unraid release still is on a 6 months old version

I updated mine to the latest stable version by using this template for the official docker repo: 'marthoc/deconz':

image.thumb.png.36b9da86d552933169684f6dcc55e4c8.png

I would suggest taking a backup first, but mine updated without any issues.

• Like 3

Ok so I updated to the official docker as per @Propaganda’s little instruction without a hitch which is outstanding :)

I’m not so strong with docker so does anyone know how to translate the firmware update instructions to unraid?

https://github.com/marthoc/docker-deconz

I’ve checked my log and it says:

GW firmware version: 0x264a0700

GW firmware version shall be updated to: 0x26660700

but nothing about a downloaded firmware location. 

cheers :) 

Linton

Edited by LintHart
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 7:07 PM, SpaceInvaderOne said:

This container needs a ConbeeII usb zigbee stick to work

This container is for the deCONZ software from Dresden Elektronik. It is used to control a conbee zigbee usb stick and can be used with home assistant.

Setup.

1.  Without conbee usb stick plugged into the server run the following command in a terminal window

ls /dev/

2.  Plug your conbee usb stick into the unraid server. Then run the above again. You will now see an extra device here. This is your  conbee zigbee stick.

Most likely ttyACM0    (unless you have maybe a zwave stick plugged in aswell then it might not be)

528113760_ScreenShot2020-05-27at17_37_22.png.f827baf0b01c93c8700f75dc172b7e3e.png

3. Now add the name of the stick to the template. (default is already ttyACM0)

Add it to both usb conbee:  and usb device name:  

1964835855_ScreenShot2020-05-27at17_42_04.thumb.png.6a82687fd359f242d29fc058da56f6ad.png

4. I think it best to set a static ip for the container. You can then access the container from  http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx   (the ip you set)

5. Now you can add your zigbee devices in the webui and connect deconz to home assistant for it to be able to access you zigbee devices.

Does the conbee II work with home assistant docker and ZHA? without deconz?

Or deconz docker has some kind of drivers or something to make conbee work?

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha/

On 1/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, L0rdRaiden said:

Does the conbee II work with home assistant docker and ZHA? without deconz?

Or deconz docker has some kind of drivers or something to make conbee work?

I belive you just need to pass conbee usb to HomeAssistant container. 

On 11/2/2020 at 9:01 PM, Spooky83 said:

So, I just started rebuilding my home automations after moving and have decided to try the docker route instead of the VM I used to run hass.io in.

The Installation went fine and I can access the web UI. I was even able to pair phoscon and home assistant. But I get a strange behavior in the phoscon web UI. Under settings > gateway I get no product id and under firmware I get not connected. Any ideas what went wrong?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Hey Mate, did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue.

10 minutes ago, Spooky83 said:

Unfortunately not using docker. It looked like there was some kind of error in the passthrough of the stick.

I moved on to use HassOS on a NUC I had lying around.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

Actually I just got it, found the solution in a github issue. Move the dongle to a usb2 port or use a usb extension cable. Apparently there's an issue with using it on USB3.

• 4 weeks later...

First of all a big thanks to@SpaceInvaderOne for his great work for the Unraid community. Great Videos, great help. 👍

Now my problem with connecting Deconz and ioBroker where I hope to get some help here. Deconz Docker (br0) is working fine with the Conbee II, ioBroker docker (buanet) is working fine (host, bridge and br0) as well. Running both dockers with br0 and fixed IP everything is working great, but as soon as I am starting to change the network type it is not possible anymore to connect the deconz docker to the deconz ioBroker adapter. Running both docker with br0 and fixed IP is that iobroker needs to communicate with other dockers (bridge) as well. Runnuing all my dockers with br0 and fixed IP can't be a solution as well.

Why is it not possible to run the Deconz docker in "normal" bridge mode? 

Looking forward hearing back from someone. Many thanks in advance.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:37 AM, Propaganda said:

I updated mine to the latest stable version by using this template for the official docker repo: 'marthoc/deconz':

image.thumb.png.36b9da86d552933169684f6dcc55e4c8.png

I would suggest taking a backup first, but mine updated without any issues.

Thank you - thats what i searched :)

If you need to also update the firmware of the conbee2-stick.

Execute following commands in Unraid-terminal:

1) docker stop deconz

2) docker run -it --rm --entrypoint "/firmware-update.sh" --privileged --cap-add=ALL -v /dev:/dev -v /lib/modules:/lib/modules -v /sys:/sys marthoc/deconz

3) Device Path: /dev/ttyACM0 

4) File Name: deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26660700.bin.GCF

5) Press "Y"

6) Wait about 30 seconds

7) docker start deconz

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:59 PM, h0schi said:

Thank you - thats what i searched :)

If you need to also update the firmware of the conbee2-stick.

Execute following commands in Unraid-terminal:

1) docker stop deconz

2) docker run -it --rm --entrypoint "/firmware-update.sh" --privileged --cap-add=ALL -v /dev:/dev -v /lib/modules:/lib/modules -v /sys:/sys marthoc/deconz

3) Device Path: /dev/ttyACM0 

4) File Name: deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26660700.bin.GCF

5) Press "Y"

6) Wait about 30 seconds

7) docker start deconz

Hey @h0schi, thank you very much for outlining this for me. I've been looking for a long time on how to do it.

Following your steps, it all goes well until the flashing which leaves me with the error of:

----------------------------------------

Device: Device Path: /dev/ttyACM0

Firmware File: deCONZ_ConBeeII_0x26660700.bin.GCF

Are the above device and firmware values correct?
Enter Y to proceed, any other entry to exit: y

Flashing...

GCFFlasher V3_17 (c) dresden elektronik ingenieurtechnik gmbh

Flashing Error! Please re-run this script...

----------------------------------

Hoping you might have some advice? 

Current firmware is: 264A0700

Cheers,

Linton 

6 hours ago, LintHart said:

Hey @h0schi, thank you very much for outlining this for me. I've been looking for a long time on how to do it.

Following your steps, it all goes well until the flashing which leaves me with the error of:

Flashing...

Cheers,

Linton 

No problem - you're welcome, @LintHart :)

Maybe the problem is solved, if you plugin the cnobee on another USB-port ?

Try to plugin the conbee to an USB 2.0-port.

Try another "older" firmware-version and then flash the newest firmware-version.

Edited by h0schi
  • 2 weeks later...

I think you should be using a zero (0) rather than the letter 'O' when you're typing ttyACM0?

On 3/7/2021 at 11:46 AM, LintHart said:

Flashing...

Cheers,

Linton 

Any luck with this? 

I have currently been using the marthoc/deconz container but i tried the spaceinvaderone one and got the "Couldnt get API"-error. Tried to fix it but figured it was the container that tdidnt work since it worked when i switched back to Marthoc one. 

However, the docker stopped due to some kind of USB error. Maybe mount error or wahtever, so i tried recreating the docker but it dissapeard totally. I readded it and configured it some and got Phoscon running and it shows version and firmware but now i also get this API Key error on this contianer. I have no idea whats up with that.

On 3/15/2021 at 9:27 PM, mituv85 said:

However, the docker stopped due to some kind of USB error. Maybe mount error or wahtever, so i tried recreating the docker but it dissapeard totally. I readded it and configured it some and got Phoscon running and it shows version and firmware but now i also get this API Key error on this contianer. I have no idea whats up with that.

I've just had the same thing.  I've been ripping my hair out all day.  I was in the same situation as you, couldn't get the SIO one working so used marthoc/deconz,  then on Saturday when my docker updated automatically I was getting a USB error.  

I've been able to get the docker up and running again by using SIO's and my original appdata,  but I am still getting the API error that we've both had with Home Assistant.  

I've read the API issue is normal in HA, and I've tried updating the configuration.yml for HA with my host IP and port (various attempts) with nothing working. 

I'd be interested to know if anyone gets this working in any way, shape or form.