High Cache IO Error Count - Cache Drives Failing?

Hi all,

I'm running into some significant cache disk IO errors, and am trying to determine if one (or both) cache drives are failing and need replacement.

I rebooted my server this morning, only to find that my two cache NVMe drives (2 x Inland Premium 1TB NVMe in Raid 1 cache pool) were not recognized at all. After rebooting again, the system was able to identify and mount both cache drives. However, after array startup, there was a significant amount of cache disk IO errors which kept appearing in the syslog. Additionally, Docker would not start.

I balanced and scrubbed the cache drives (with "repair corrupted blocks" enabled) via the GUI, and rebooted, which appears to have stabilized things. Everything appears to be working just fine as of now. With that said, the SMART data for the two cache drives show high error count, and running "btrfs device stats /mnt/cache" shows a huge quantity of IO errors on one of the cache disks. 

I've tried to run SMART check, but neither quick or extended SMART check will run on either cache drive

Does the high number of disk IO errors indicate cache corruption, or is at least one of the cache disks failing and needs to be replaced?

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.28.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.28.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-27 at 10.28.46 AM.png

Edit: Small update for clarity

tower-diagnostics-20200527-0935.zip tower-diagnostics-20200527-0834.zip

Edited by Giggity_Grant
Updated scrub description for more clarity

Also, these NVMe drives have been in service for about 1 year. They were in Raid0 config for about 6 months. I moved back to Raid1 a few weeks ago.

Granted, I've downloaded alot of Linux ISOs (download and media folder cache use set to "YES"), but 127TB writes seems excessive. I currently only have 39.8TB total stored on my array.