Can't access web GUI after unclean shutdown

Server shutdown during extended power failure and after powering back on I can't access the web GUI.  I can access the terminal via SSH, the shares are also accessible as well as all dockers running normally and accessible.

I've rebooted the server once from the terminal but the result is the same.

Not sure where to start troubleshooting.  Diagnostics are attached.

Thanks!

Edit:

I can't connect via IP or servername.

I get this error in chrome: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

tower-diagnostics-20200528-1414.zip

Edited by pelux
Added details

Hi there,

Try deleting network.cfg and network-rules.cfg and rebooting your server.  Those files are located under the 'config' folder of the flash drive.  If that doesn't work, please shut down your server, remove the flash, and plug it into a PC.  Run a checkdisk against it and try booting up again.  Unclean shutdowns can cause corruption on flash drives which a checkdisk should resolve.

I noticed that too, I was expecting the file to get created during the next boot.  Nonetheless I was still able to connect via SSH using either the server's IP or name (tower) without the network.cfg file.

I've now manually replaced the network.cfg file with the one you've provided but my issue persist.   I've ordered a new stick and will be trying that next.

In the meantime, here's a new log if that helps at all.

Thanks!

tower-diagnostics-20200608-1458.zip

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I deleted the contents of the plugin folder from my flash drive but the situation remains unchanged.

I used the USB creator on a different flash drive and verified it boots and the GUI can be accessed.  Then I copied over the content of the config folder (without plugins) from the old flash to the new one. Afterwards, it doesn't seem to boot properly, I can't access the GUI or terminal.  Checking active clients on my router, it doesn't show up on my network at all.  Maybe this wasn't the right way to proceed on the new flash.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, redo your new flash drive so it's fresh and clean (no old config folder copied in there yet).  Next, copy over the following files from your old config folder to the new one:

super.dat

disk.cfg

ident.cfg

passwd

Plus.key

smbpasswd

You should also copy over the "shares" subfolder, but do not copy over any of your plugins.  Then start up the flash and see if that works.

I've done this and can now access the GUI but cannot start the array due to invalid key.  I'm assuming the next step is to replace the key with a new one bound to the new flash GUID but this note has me a bit worried:

Note: Replacing a Registration key results in permanently blacklisting the previous USB Flash GUID.

Does this mean that if things don't work out with this new flash drive, I won't have the option to fall back on my current, semi working, drive.  Even by replacing the key again?

58 minutes ago, pelux said:

I've done this and can now access the GUI but cannot start the array due to invalid key.  I'm assuming the next step is to replace the key with a new one bound to the new flash GUID but this note has me a bit worried:

Note: Replacing a Registration key results in permanently blacklisting the previous USB Flash GUID.

Does this mean that if things don't work out with this new flash drive, I won't have the option to fall back on my current, semi working, drive.  Even by replacing the key again?

That's correct.  Once a flash device is blacklisted, it can't be used with Unraid anymore.  There is definitely something amiss with the config/plugins on your old flash drive.  You can try going back to that device and redoing it the same way I had you do the new device and see if that works.

On 7/28/2020 at 2:48 PM, jonp said:

Ok, redo your new flash drive so it's fresh and clean (no old config folder copied in there yet).  Next, copy over the following files from your old config folder to the new one:

super.dat

disk.cfg

ident.cfg

passwd

Plus.key

smbpasswd

You should also copy over the "shares" subfolder, but do not copy over any of your plugins.  Then start up the flash and see if that works.

I've done this on my currently registered flash drive and everything seems to be working correctly, I can access the GUI.  I donm't particularly care about recovering any plugin config but if I could recover my docker configurations that would be fantastic.    Should I just try to copy over the old docker.cfg for this or is there more to it?

• 1 year later...