USB passtrough problems

Hi

I have a USB controller that is in its own goup that I want to pass. I have successfully marked it in the Vifo plugin and made a reboot, system boots fine but the problem starts when I want to use it for a Win VM. 

Every time I try to use it the server frezzes and a hard reboot is the only way out. 

I have tried to turn off ACS override (then my vm did not boot) so changde to downstream and VM boots IF I don´t pass the controller. Freezes if I try to. 

Got a tip to turn off XCHI in bios and tried that same result. 
image.thumb.png.31c3b528981dc392c4655cf03eb0d196.png
SO what can I do? image.thumb.png.0a59b6c0e699e9919c0799d9ab779065.png

Picture of IOMMU groups and VIFO plugin. Its group 35 I want to pass. 

So I tried to start from 0. Turned off ACS override and unchecked the USB controller.

My groups look good and WinVM starts without any problems. So do I missunderstand or is it correct that I have 3 controllers in my machine and that one omf them is without devices?

Do I have better luck trying to pass some of the other controllers?image.thumb.png.167845446df09206688126e02978b2ee.png

Hi probably not the best person to give advice since I too have issues with usb controller pass through, I think you own a AMD ryzen and maybe X470/570 board?

I think were having the same issue I did some extra reading/googling and it pointed to these threads here:

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/87557-guide-asrock-x570-taichi-vm-w-hardware-passthrough/?_fromLogin=1

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/86026-kernel-680-rc5-w-navi-reset-v2-vega-reset-k10temp-ryzen-patches-x570-onboard-audio-fix/page/2/

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/82625-kernelcustom-kernel-build-with-treaks-20200307-v683558419108naviveganfsv4r8125zen2/

I have a Ryzen 3800x/Asrock X570 mobo and after latest bios updates (which helped and enabling Iommu and usb to 'enable' in bios) and adjusting ACS override= both, I rebooted and found what was perfection, a separate usb controller (usb 3.1 port and C port on group 35 with id:1022:149c- so I used vfi plugin to enable that one and it works on win10 vm but its slightly iffy and can hang and also crash unraid server forcing parity checks (lots of hours of fun) so it's not something anyone wants.

Anyhow that group 35 and 1022:149c maybe a trap and is still being used by the other 2 usb controllers (check first link with endy) so there are 3 usb controllers I think X570 boards have.

I think I may just buy a usb 3 card for a tenner, also I have just read AMD Ryzen and 470/570 mobos have issues (hot cpu temps? and the onboard sound card won't work on VMs-I tried with onboard sound and it crashed also) so check the other 2 links, I am still new to unraid so could be wrong but it sounds like a separate usb controller card and usb sound card is the way forward with Ryzen cpus and X570+ mobos for now especially with running VMs headache free.