Problems with mounted media shares going "limp" while used by plex

I have tried to get help from the unassigned devices support thread, but they couldn't find anything wrong, and told me it must be docker-related, so I'll try my luck on here instead :D

I have a problem with mounted remote shares "going limp". I have no better way of describing this. I have two file servers, and one of them runs plex (Servername Unraid02) as a docker. The other one (Unraid01) has three SMB shares, media, movies and series. These three shares have been mounted on the server running plex with unassigned devices. Randomly it seems just to "zone out". In the main screen I can see the mounted shares, and they show up as mounted, but the size, used and free columns just shows 0B free. I can still view media on plex from these shares, but I won't scan them for more media contend. So when I add more content, the content won't get imported before I unmount and remount the shares. I also cannot browse these shares with krusader while they are "limp". They just show up as a an empty dockument until i stop the docker, and remount the shares again. I am new to unraid and linux, so I might have done something wrong. I will attach screengrabs of the shares and my plex config. Oh...and they are mounted by using windows AD credentials if that has some significance.

The series and movies-shares has gone "limp", and it looks like this in the main screen:

limp.thumb.png.cc97aa913869bfa33f29cc23e41cc5c1.png

In Krusader it looks like this:

29_05.2020_11_58.31_REC.png.e5420526e5ab9685402d540b326ad1b6.png

After stopping the plex docker and remounting the share, it now looks like this:

29_05.2020_12_01.17_REC.thumb.png.2bb3ac137656284ff87d54c98b9df2f4.png

If I try to restart the plex docker while any of these three shares are in limbo, I just get an generic error:

28_05.2020_12_24.40_REC.png.2f814c349bb2b6d1b946caa8659b3b88.png

My plex run command looks like this:

29_05.2020_12_13.30_REC.thumb.png.bfa015596f6a2679d3716d13da36d0c7.png

All these three shares is set up with full access to the everyone account in windows:

Untitled.png.cbca6cae72ed820aa5dfd8ab9e235eb0.png

First i thought it might be the docker itself. I first used the official plex docker, then I changed to the linuxserver one, made no difference. I find it so strange that plex still works as normal for my users. The only difference is that i cannot scan those three shares for new content. The forth, and local mediapath works all the time. 

I have no idea what to do. I really hope someone can help me!

Thanks a million in advanced! You guys are the best! ❤️

Diagnostics for both my servers:

Unraid01 - physical server where the three shares are located

unraid01-diagnostics-20200529-1221.zip

Unraid02 - physical server that runs plex, and has the three shares mounted

unraid02-diagnostics-20200529-1220.zip

• 5 months later...

Did you ever resolve this issue?

I have recently moved Plex to a container on a secondary unraid server and am having the exact same issue.

I tend to notice it when the media scanning isn’t picking up new content. I found it really strange that the file still play though.

To fix it I unmount and mount the share again and then it works. If I try to start the Plex docker when the share mount is in this weird state I get the execution error you posted.