[SOLVED] Unable to access shares after upgrading to Windows 10 May 2020

So I upgraded two days ago and since then I have not been able to access shares that worked before the update. I have the group policy for insecure shares enabled but still unable to access.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

And just in case...all of these can access the shares...

1) Windows 10 VM pre May 2020 update

2) Windows laptop pre May 2020 update

3) Macbook

Edited by andyd

I fixed my problem...

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters] "AllowInsecureGuestAuth"=dword:1

It's because I'm on the Education edition of Windows 10 + group policy setting for enabling insecure logins must be broken

• Thanks 1
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Unable to access shares after upgrading to Windows 10 May 2020

Thanks for that.

I just installed a fresh PRO version of windows 10 (1909) and had exactly the same issue, and fix.

I wish Microsoft would get consistent with things like this. I fresh installed another machine last week from the same image and it worked just fine.
Both are Lenovo machines, T460s and T470s.

Thanks again!

On 6/2/2020 at 3:55 AM, Wisnaeme said:

Thanks for that.

I just installed a fresh PRO version of windows 10 (1909) and had exactly the same issue, and fix.

I wish Microsoft would get consistent with things like this. I fresh installed another machine last week from the same image and it worked just fine.
Both are Lenovo machines, T460s and T470s.

Thanks again!

glad it helped!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...