(Solved) Win10 + NVME and usb controller passthrough unable to boot VM

Hi guys!

Followed latest passthrougt video from Spaceinvader One so i can run a VM from my existing baremetal NVME installation and also assign one of my mobo's USB controllers but when i start the VM i get the following error:
image.png.753a6661d08cb3d528788eaf1670c7cc.png

- Here is my VFIO-PCI config:

image.thumb.png.ca07bbe0a3223a42252e80adf138bc68.png

- The VM is configured with both graphics card and sound passthrough plus the NVME and the USB controller activated in other devices, here is the VM config:

image.thumb.png.b755d6f91adc56d42ff6dfc6fe8622f6.png
image.png.82c25b8813447d3c5d0e817ad224ae4e.png

- Hardware specs:

• Intel i7 7700k
  • MSI z270 Gaming M5 mobo
  • 32gb. DDR4 2400
  • 1x Intel 600p 256gb. NVME
  • 1x WD Red 3tb. for the array (just one drive because i'm testing the system)
  • 1x Samsung 850 Evo 500gb SSD (not mounted yet) with games installed
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SSC

Already tried disable the other devices and start the VM but same error returns.

Let me know if you need any other log or anything else.

Thanks!

Edited by surferjsmc

Update:

After performing basic troubleshooting disabling all passthrough devices and enabling one by one I found out the sound card was preventing the VM to start.

Now with the sound card disabled the VM boots from NVME previous installation, I have video output on my monitors from my GTX 970 and all the USB devices connected  are working.

Any one knows of sound card issues from MSI's z270 mobos ?

@surferjsmc The error message explains it.

"please ensure all devices within the iommu_group are bound to their vfio bus driver"

If you wanna passthrough a device to a VM i has to be in it's own IOMMU group or you have to passthrough ALL devices from that group. You can try to apply the ACS patch in the VM-Manager-Settings and see if the groups are more separated with it.

Ok integrated sound shares IOMMU with more devices,

image.thumb.png.041ab8514a9782d0ee38da8e1a138a92.png

so enabled ACS override and tried with both downstream and multi-function and the VM crashed again, decided to go back to VFIO_PCI config and pass through the sound card but selected the SMBus controller by mistake (didn't realized until now :)) and reboot the server, then edited VM, set the sound card as usual and the VM started without any errors and sound is working now :D.

image.png.7c071a4d41b9e1a6836d6fb4359e5fae.png

Not sure if ACS override fix it (still enable) or is because of VDIO-PCI config but is working.