880ga-ud3h and AOC-SASLP-MV8

duderaid

Just curious if anyone has gotten this combo to work.

mb: 880ga-ud3h (ver 2.1) w/ F7 bios

mem: 4 GB DDR3 1333

addon card: aoc-saslp-mv8

proc: sempron 140

ps: pc power and cooling 750

case: norco 4224

I've got all the sata ports set for AHCI. It posts, but it seems to lock up when booting the OS (from a usb). The previous MB is an ASUS M4A785-M.

Is there something in the bios I might be missing?

Make sure all cables, cards, and connections are good. If you have another thumb drive that you can use try it to test that booting works/does not work. Check the USB drive in Windows by running a chkdsk on it. Also download the another copy of 4.6 and try overwriting what is already on the thumb drive.

Also, try removing pieces and parts until it boots.

What specifically makes you think I has frozen when booting unRAID? What is on the screen when it freezes?

It is the AOC-SASLP-MV8 (3.1.0.15n). It works with out it. Once I plug it into a slot. I no longer boot into an os. Just hangs.

What is on the screen when it hangs?  If you can hook a keyboard and mouse up that would be great and would probably help in figuring this out faster.

Have you disabled INT13 on the supermicro SASLP card?

Are you trying to add drives at the same time as adding the card? If so the flash drive may not be satying set as the main boot drive.

The problem is not the Boot Drive.

The problem is that I am not able to reliably use this gigabyte board with the supermicro card.

Everything works correctly if I REMOVE the supermicro card.

Installing it, I get unreliable results that mostly end with the motherboard going through POST and not booting.

I have gotten it to boot a few times, but then I am missing the HDD that is attached to the supermicro card and one of the HDD plugged into the MB directly.

I have tried two different 880ga-ud3h (ver 2.1 and ver 2.2) with the same results. I have given up on using this MB/card combo.

I have the same motherboard (REV 2.0 F1) and the same Supermicro AOC-SASLP-MV8 (.21 firmware) card.

I had the same issue as you did at almost the same time (today vs a few days ago for you). I was hoping someone found a good solution. The way I "fixed" was to set the OnChip SATA type to "NATIVE IDE". This is not as good as AHCI (I believe), but now I have access to all my drives. Of course you will have to remap some of your drives since, some will now look like IDE drives to UNRAID.

So far the performance seem about the same. Did a random file copy of 10 gigs and seemed to be about as fast as before.

Hope this helps and if you find something better, let me know.

I did get a response from Gigabyte.

"..the onboard graphic and the first PCIE slot are using the same source, if you are using onboard graphic please do not insert any PCIE card to PCIE slot 1. "

I've returned it.

Go figure, another crappy design on gigabytes part and there short sightedness on what else the x16 slot could be used for.