Unable to connect to unraid share on linux

Hey guys (and gals)!
For the last few months I have been having some issues connecting to my unraid shares with my two Ubuntu 18.04 workstations. I've had a look through ALOT of articles/forum threads on how to connect SMB shares on linux through the fstab file but none of them seemed to do the trick. The only way I managed to make it work was to set the "version" flag to 1.0 in the mount command, meaning that, presumably, I am currently using the SMB 1.0 protocol to connect my machines to my shares. If I am not mistaken the most recent version used in windows 10 is version 3.0?

This fix works for most day to day activities but I am discovering oddeties with the setup, like some programs that make temp files are not deleting them when saving to the server but are deleting them if I try to save locally aswell as some programs having erradic and unpredictable bugs when dealing with saving/loading stuff from the server.

I don't know if this comes from the fact that I am connecting with SMB 1.0 but its the only lead I have, so I was wondering if anyone here knew how I could go about fixing this issue? If there is something I need to configure on the workstation side or some repositories I need to download to make later versions work or if there is configuration needed on the unraid side to make it more compatible with ubuntu.

I have a windows 10 laptop and it is able to connect to the share no problem, but I have no idea what version of the SMB protocol it is using. I seem to remember having read that unraid uses 2.0 and windows transitioned to 3.0 and it caused mounting shares on windows to be harder than before or something.

Any tips or advice are greatly appriciated! Sorry if this post is leaning too heavily towards being linux related instead of being directly unraid related.

Running Unraid 6.7.2, Unraid OS Plus
(If more hardware specific details are required I'll provide it)

Thanks for the read,
And stay safe out there!

Edited by Underscoreus