Windows VM locking up mid shutdown.

Just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. Its happend twice so far and the first time it resulted in a completely bricked VM. Even bootrec failed to recover the install. What heppens is i shut down the vm and it goes through the normal windows shutdown process and the display turnes off but the vm never actually stopps according to unraid. Even after half an hour it was still running and the hole time it has a single core pinned at 100%. The only option i am left with is to force stop the vm. 

This is a windows 10 vm with an RX580 booting from an unussigned device. Initially i thought it may be a gpu issue because i have had some otehr gpu issues related to the fact that i am passing though the "primary" gpu and after killing the vm i had to reboot the system to get video output. But i think thats just the usual AMD reset bug. 

The first time this happened it was just a normal shutdown. But the second time was a little interesting. I still haven figured out what it was but something on the vm was pinning the cpu so hard the system locked up and i had to send the shutdown command via the vm manager. But after a few minutes windows did manage to kill whatever was pinning the cpu and shut down at which point i ran into this issue.