UDMA CRC error count on SAS2308

I needed more drives so I purchased this bad boy on amazon. LSI Logic SAS 9207-8i Storage Controller LSI00301 ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0085FT2JC/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_jKQ1EbZ2DM4SQ )  It populated that it had drives, so I got super exited. Then I started getting "UDMA CRC error count" on the only drive that was connected to my new PCI SAS Card. That error count got pretty high, and unriad took it off the array. I have since replaced the drive with a new one, and that error count keeps going up. Which makes me think it's that SAS Card.  Unraid says it's a SAS2308, but Amazon said I purchased a SAS9207. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks! 

unraid profile.xml

Edited by santiman717
3 hours ago, santiman717 said:

Then I started getting "UDMA CRC error count" on the only drive that was connected to my new PCI SAS Card

As @Benson mentioned, UDMA CRC errors are almost always related to a bad SATA cable or a poor connection or outdated firmware.  It is very rare in this case that the drive is the problem.

I am seeing this issue right now on a drive that has been working well for months with 0 problems.  There are no other signs of drive problems as the S.M.A.R.T. report looks good.  Almost certainly, a SATA cable has gone bad or a connection has worked itself loose as I have not touched the server in weeks.

Edited by Hoopster