[SOLVED] XFS encrypted Cach - Unmountable file system

Hi,

My cache drive is suddenly saying:

"Unmountable: No file system"

Im using XFS (Encrypted).

I run Extended offline smart test on the cache and it pass.

I have data on the cache drive (vms, plex , and some data) so i cant just reformat it.

Any tips? 😞

Thank you 🙂

---
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
- zero log...
ALERT: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which is being
ignored because the -n option was used. Expect spurious inconsistencies
which may be resolved by first mounting the filesystem to replay the log.
- scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
sb_fdblocks 79152746, counted 80012186
- found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
- scan (but don't clear) agi unlinked lists...
- process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
- agno = 0
- agno = 1
- agno = 2
- agno = 3
- process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
- setting up duplicate extent list...
- check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
- agno = 1
- agno = 0
- agno = 2
- agno = 3
No modify flag set, skipping phase 5
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
- traversing filesystem ...
- traversal finished ...
- moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
Phase 7 - verify link counts...
Maximum metadata LSN (51:10362) is ahead of log (51:9849).
Would format log to cycle 54.
No modify flag set, skipping filesystem flush and exiting.

fatty-diagnostics-20200603-1543.zip

Edited by Aviv
4 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

There's always same data loss risk when repairing a filesystem, but usually nothing major with XFS.

Thank you,

I tried to run it with no 'n' param and receive this error:

"Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... ERROR: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which needs to be replayed. Mount the filesystem to replay the log, and unmount it before re-running xfs_repair. If you are unable to mount the filesystem, then use the -L option to destroy the log and attempt a repair. Note that destroying the log may cause corruption -- please attempt a mount of the filesystem before doing this."

Just to make sure, should I run it now with the -L option or there is a better option?

Thank you again for your kind help.

Edited by Aviv
6 minutes ago, johnnie.black said:

Yes.

Tried.

Now im receiving this error:

"Phase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... ALERT: The filesystem has valuable metadata changes in a log which is being destroyed because the -L option was used. Invalid block length (0x0) for buffer Log inconsistent (didn't find previous header) empty log check failed fatal error -- failed to clear log"

I did a second try and receive this:

hase 1 - find and verify superblock... Phase 2 - using internal log - zero log... Invalid block length (0x0) for buffer Log inconsistent (didn't find previous header) empty log check failed zero_log: cannot find log head/tail (xlog_find_tail=5) - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps... sb_fdblocks 79152746, counted 80012186 - found root inode chunk Phase 3 - for each AG... - scan and clear agi unlinked lists... - process known inodes and perform inode discovery... - agno = 0 - agno = 1 - agno = 2 - agno = 3 - process newly discovered inodes... Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks... - setting up duplicate extent list... - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks... - agno = 1 - agno = 2 - agno = 0 - agno = 3 Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees... - reset superblock... Phase 6 - check inode connectivity... - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes - traversing filesystem ... - traversal finished ... - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ... Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts... Maximum metadata LSN (51:10387) is ahead of log (1:2). Format log to cycle 54. done.

Now im able to mount.
I dont see any folder called "Lost+found". what does that mean?

Edited by Aviv
  • JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] XFS encrypted Cach - Unmountable file system