Running Valorant in VM?

Hello guys, I have set up unraid almost 3 weeks ago with 3 VMs used for gaming purposes only and so far I have not encountered any serious issue. 

I am about to get a license soon, however I have just read about Valorant (the new game from Riot Games) having a pretty aggressive anti cheat, which is preventing the game from being run in a VM. 

I would like to know, whether anyone already tried to run the game in a VM running on Unraid or not and how did it go? 

Apparently, this anti-cheat is preventing the game from running on cloud gaming also as far as I have read. 

Unfortunately I will not be able to test the game as I will not be home, where my pc is until Saturday. 

Please let me know, whether someone could test it or has already tested it. 

Thanks in advance. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I am having dual boot setup with Aster also, however Valorant's anti cheat does not really play well with running multiple instances either and my main point is running the game 3 times at the same time (I have 3 VMs running). 

I have tested the game with baremetal with aster and in VM already. 

So I guess, that so far this is a game that will cause issues until further notice :D

Edited by hrubak
Added info
  • 1 year later...
On 6/20/2020 at 3:39 PM, ozzylins said:

Sorry mate...  does not work...    I use an alternative:  I use my Vm for gaming on my physical SSD, so when I want to play valorant, I just boot from that SSD and windows starts normally..

Watch this video:

I just build my Unraid server last week and have been getting my VM and games set up, Valorant being one of them. Have you ran into any issues with this way? How big of an SSD are you using/would you recommend? I know I'm about 2 years late to the party here lol