Mapping unraid SMB share to Raspberry Pi

I've been trying to mount an unraid share on my RPi.  I've been able to do it with NFS but I'd much prefer SMB (the only reason I have NFS running is for this mount).  I've checked all manner of sites but can seem to get it to work.  If anyone has a working example, or might know what the issue is, that would be very handy.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, tucansam said:

Did it ever work?  I have been trying for hours, have tried every incarnation of syntax I can find online, and cannot get it to mount with rear/write access for user "pi" via the mount command, and cannot get the share to mount at all using /etc/fstab

What are you doing at the RPi end to define the UnRaid SMB share?  I have Unraid shares defines in the ‘etc/fstab’ file on my RPi and they seem to mount OK.

I've tried:

#//192.168.0.5/temp /home/pi/temp cifs username=pi,password=password,uid=1007,gid=100,dir_mode=0770,file_mode=0770 0 0
#//192.168.0.5/temp /home/pi/temp cifs x-systemd.automount,users,credentials=/home/pi/.smbcred 0 0
//192.168.0.5/temp /home/pi/temp cifs credentials=/home/pi/.smbcred,iocharset=utf8,sec=ntlm 0 0

The last one is from the reference site you linked.  The commented one in the middle works with "sudo mount -a" but none will survive a reboot.  The first the third throw syntax errors with "sudo mount -a"

I've tried about a half dozen other variations that googled turned up, just didn't keep track of them.  Funny thing is, I can use just about any syntax or options I want when mounting manually from the command line; they all work.

Nothing survives a reboot.