[SOLVED] Apparent Kernel Panic, MemTest OK

I'm getting what I assume is a kernel panic every time I boot into my UnRaid server. I read in a couple other posts that I should run MemTest to see if the problem lies in my RAM, but I let it run for 10 hours (4 passes) and there were no errors. Below is the last screen it ends on, a video of my booting in its entirety, and a screenshot of the MemTest. The same error happens if I try it in safe mode too. Any thoughts?

20200604_092314.thumb.jpg.59414481bab58fa227c0215fa12748e9.jpg

20200604_092131.thumb.jpg.c7bd13b3c2ff33913a26828424b7122a.jpg

Edited by dansushi
added kernel panic image

I just tried with another flash drive and yes, that one works. The only unique things I've done to my original flash drive is set it up with 8 drives (1 parity), some basic plugins including the "Linuxserver.io - Unraid Nvidia" plugin, the Plex and Tautulli docker. And I'm wondering if perhaps this somehow relates to the NVidia version of Unraid since this problem seems to have started recently after I set that up. However, it was working at least a few times with that. I got this kernel panic once before a few days ago, wasn't sure what it was, so I rebooted and it didn't happen again for a few days. And now today I tried rebooting numerous times and keep getting the error. Is there any way for me to get logs off of that flash drive to send to you without the system being active?

I'm not sure what is the proper way to backup the flash drive when I can't get into the system. Do I just copy everything from the flash drive to a folder on a different computer and zip it? If so, I'm trying that now and encountering this error: 

Are you saying that the only thing I need to copy over is the config folder, and then replace that onto a newly re-created version of the flash drive with the USB tool?

Sorry for being obtuse, but I don't want to mess this up, making sure I understand 100%.

2020-06-04 12_05_22-O__.png

I did what you said, and was able to boot up properly! I have the feeling that my flash drive (which I just purchased only a few weeks ago for this UnRaid setup specifically) might be bad. The fact that I got that "bzroot" copy error is not a good sign. I tried copying "bzroot" using another software called BeyondCompare and saw a CRC redundancy error. In your opinion, do you think that this is a sign that the flash drive might be bad and I should switch it out? Or should I just let it go again and see what happens.

Also, as a bit of context, I have already switched and re-registered flash drives once just a few weeks ago because I wanted to switch from a flash drive that sticks out to one that is low profile. This is the one I am using now: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FYNSZA

I understand that it's a whole process to switch out & re-register to another flash drive more than once in one year.

Thanks again for your help and advice, Johnnie!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Apparent Kernel Panic, MemTest OK
2 hours ago, dansushi said:

I wanted to switch from a flash drive that sticks out to one that is low profile.

http://amzn.com/dp/B00QVTVB84/

Tape that to the inside of your case. No chance of bumping or accidental removal.

http://amzn.com/dp/B00B4G2YXA/

That drive should be very reliable. It ticks all the boxes, sturdy, good heat dissipation, USB2.

I'm running the 16GB version in a couple of my servers.