unRAID Sporadically Freezes Or VMs Stopped

This has been happening once or twice a week for the past couple weeks.

One of two things.  I wake up in the morning and hear the server screaming.  My VMs will have been shutdown.  I run pfSense (probably bad idea) off a virtual machine so that throws off my entire home network.  I'm forced to add a monitor to the server.  When I view the dashboard it shows CPU/Memory maxing it.  No choice but to reboot to bring pfsense online.

Occasionally, the server itself will just freeze and I'll have to do the dreaded hard reboot.

Here are two diagnostic files.  I believe the more recent one was from a VM shutdown where I set up a monitor and was able to save a diagnostic before a reboot:

unraid-diagnostics-20200529-0805.zip

unraid-diagnostics-20200526-1745.zip

Any ideas?

Edited by Living Legend
  • 4 weeks later...

If the computer completely freezes, does running a diagnostic after the reboot recover any useful information or must you be able to run a diagnostic before this happens?

I thought I found the culprit with Shinobi, my PVR docker.  I saw it hike up to 50+ GB RAM once which caused my PFsense to lockup.  But I have had that turned off for the past week and it happened again today.