Recommendations for RPi Audio Streaming from Unraid?

I have a decent size collection of FLAC audio files on my Unraid server and I'm starting to investigate using a RaspberryPi to do HQ audio streaming from my server.  I've looked at Volumio, RoPiee and piCorePlayer but these seem to be geared to use with commercial streaming services and at first glance don't mention SMB shares or home media servers. 

Anyone have a recommendation for something that's particularly well suited for using a RPi to stream audio from Unraid?

Edited by UncleDirtNap
  • 1 month later...

Where do you want to stream to? Remote streaming or out to an in-house audio system?

I ask because there are some Dockers for streaming audio, such as airsonic.  So depending on what you're actually wanting to do you might be able to figure something out that would interface with the Pi, or eliminate the Pi completely.

With a streaming docker I don't see why you'd want the Pi for anything unless you were trying to use the Pi as output to a home theater perhaps.

Or for something like Volumio you might be able to use something like the binhex minidlna or Tonido dockers for DLNA services.

Edited by Energen