unraid server does not succesfully reboot

My unraid server v6.8.3 seems not to reboot properly. I can only get the unraid server functionally running after a full power off after having waited for a long moment or pulling the power cord. If I reboot the server or power it up after a shutdown too fast it does not start, screen stays black (have checked all video output cards to make sure I was not looking to the wrong screen).

I checked my bios boot order also, and made sure the flash drive was on top (and yes it is saved). Not sure how to start troubleshooting now as my guess is that it does not call the flashdrive properly. When server is running I do not get any errors or so.

I have 2 GPUs, slot 1 and 3 both equipped with a GTX 1080,  and I have a factory vga connector connected via some sort of ide cable to the motherboard directly All three of them are working fine. Which is the primary one? The one on slot 1 or the one connected to the motherboard via cable? I notice that my motherboard output first is displaying on the vga (bios, load order, pre boot system check etc.) and then is switching.

By the way if performing a reboot do I need to stop the array manually before. I currently am doing this for safety reasons anyway at a reboot or shut down but is it mandatory to stop the array first?

6 hours ago, Frank1940 said:

What happens if you try a full power down from the menu?   I am assuming the you have one or more VM's.  Have you tried stopping them?

I use the full power down from the menu and before switching off I made sure the VMs were off already.

I also turned on the syslog mirror to flash now. 

Any direction on what to look for in the logs? Never really dived in to them.

And what about the PCIe ACS override setting which is turned on? Could this cause some trouble with the reboot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...