[SOLVED] Nic passthrough not working?

I am adding 2 dual port nics to my system for use in a pfSense VM.

I can not get the nics to show up in "Other PCI Devices"

Ive been at this for hours now and am probably missing something simple somewhere, please help me find where. 🙂

I have followed these guides:

And attached are copies of my "Syslinux configuration" and whats shown for "PCI Devices and IOMMU Groups"

I have tried switching PCIe ACS override and it did not help so its back at the default OFF.

No matter what i can not get the nics to be seen in the "Other PCI Devices" and/or not seen in Settings > Network settings.

I'm happy to learn, but not sure what i'm missing. It seems fairly straightforward, yet its not working?!

Thanks!

PCI Devices and IOMMU Groups.txt Syslinux configuration

Also worth noting.

I have home assistant with HassIO running in docker, it also installs hassio_dns and hassio_multicast.

Are these somehow causing this?

I have no VMS currently running.

1 onboard nic already working for normal network activity.

If i didnt mention it, my end goal is to install pfsense in a VM. I am already running PFsense on dedicated hardware and will be migrating my setup to this unraid box. At this time pfsense is still on its own hardware and i am working on setting up the VM for it.

I also feel like i should get this working in a way that i learn/understand how as i will eventually want to pass through more items such as a GPU.

IOMMU: Enabled
All items on their own IOMMU group, with no other items (lines) in the same group.
PCIe ACS override is disabled, items were in their own IOMMU groups on their own without this setting.
Installed VFIO PCI Config plugin.
Checked the boxes for the NICS.
Rebooted.
STill not available...

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Nic passthrough not working?