Docker image file full

Thank you for feedback in advance.

I have read through the faqs and done some searching but can't find exactly what I'm looking for.  I have 2 different unRAID servers and both have 20g docker image files.  Been setup this way for years with no issues.

I have not added any new containers and just recently both are saying full now.  I know I can delete, exapnd and rebuild the image file but I want to know exactly which container is causing this.  It's so full I can't even install cAdvisor ☹️

I used this terminal command df -h /var/lib/docker to confirm it's full but is there a command I can run to figure out exactly which container is hogging all the space? Then I can look into why just recently these are causing issues.

Thanks again!

Edited by SmallwoodDR82
34 minutes ago, SmallwoodDR82 said:

is there a command I can run to figure out exactly which container is hogging all the space?

You can start by going to the Docker tab and clicking on the Container Size button at the bottom of the screen.

That will show you the size of each installed docker container, writable space and log size.

If anything jumps out as unusually large compared to the others, you can check to see if container paths in the docker config are writing to docker.img instead of to the array, appdata share (this is outside of docker.img) or an unassigned devices path.

Nothing will be configured to write to docker.img specifically, but, if paths are incorrect (often just a missing "/" will do it), the app ends up writing to a path in its container image by default.