New variation on: Share cache is identically named to a disk share

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. Go to Apps, select Previous Apps, and it will show you all the applications you can reinstall.

Let's just start with Plex for now. Click on the reinstall icon (download) for your plex. That will take you to the Add Container page. Move the slider at upper right from Basic View to Advanced View, and post a screenshot. There will definitely be some things you need to change since we moved your plex library (its appdata) to the appdata share.

54 minutes ago, isrdude said:

thinking /mnt/cache/appdata/plex-media-server for appdata config path

Yes that would be correct, but I am wondering why you have a mapping for /mnt/user/Media, and also separate mappings for lots of different things under /mnt/user/Media.

How did you have your plex libraries setup? Were they going from a folder in /data (the container path for /mnt/user/Media), or were they going from /Movies, /Hallmark, /TV Shows, ... etc. ?

2 minutes ago, isrdude said:

I just say up folders under media for each of those various topic folders under. I physically set them up that way because, plex actually worked pretty smoothly that way. What you see is what I set up. I'll change the appdata config and get back to you

Not entirely clear which of my multiple choices you mean with that answer.

Plex would work pretty smoothly either way. Seems a lot of trouble to maintain all those separate mappings, and no doubt you would end up adding some if you made new subfolders under your Media share.

I'm going to keep this more streamlined by not putting boinc or Krusader back in. MC works well enough for now.  Everything else was just nice to have or "cool" clutter.  I think it's finally, finally, streamlined and back to where it will run more smoothly...again, you're a genius! THANKS!!!

My headache tomorrow will be to figure out why my reboot gets hung up........