Intel Gen 10 Igpu Passthrough

Does anyone know of a way to pass through an Intel 10th gen processors Igpu to the emby docker container? I tried editing my go file and syslinux file and then passing through the device (/dev/dri) to the emby container but this does not seem to work. Im on 6.8.3, is it possible that the newest beta/rc has support that I need?

Answered my own Question! For anyone else wondering how to make this work. Upgrade to the 6.9 beta to get to the linux 5.5.8 kernel (has intel 9th and 10th gen IGPU support) then run through all the other setup needed to make an igpu pass through possible.

Edit go file

Edit syslinux file (in flash section)

Edit docker container to add /dev/dri as a decice.

8 hours ago, FCruz2489 said:

Hi @lukeoslavia, thanks for posting your findings for everyone else to see! I'm getting my 10th gen i7 tomorrow and just wanted to check - did you load the same driver for the 10th gen as previous models? The "modprobe i915" line in the go file or was it something else? 

Thank you again 

No problem! Yes it is that same driver.

After I set all of that up and then rebooted, I opened a terminal from the webui and typed /dev/dri and it said the directory existed. After that I just passed it through to emby.

p.s. Im loving the i5 10400, its idling at 40 watts and handles transcoding like a dream, let me know how your i7 works out! 

• Like 1

Awesome, thanks so much for your help! After I posted here I found your other posts on a different thread so I had confidence it would work. I got my 10700 yesterday and everything is up and running with no issues! Got the hardware transcoding working and it handles it without breaking a sweat. Now I can sell my RTX 4000 (which was way overkill) and it will pay for the new CPU, Motherboard and case I bought haha. Really hoping the 6.9 RC is out soon, I don't mind running the beta but I'm excited for all of the other goodies it should include. 

Also, glad the latest AMD CPUs are so great they forced intel to put hyper-threading back into CPUs lower than i9s. I was tempted to get a 10900 but its just not worth the money for my purposes. 

On 6/13/2020 at 5:33 AM, lukeoslavia said:

Answered my own Question! For anyone else wondering how to make this work. Upgrade to the 6.9 beta to get to the linux 5.5.8 kernel (has intel 9th and 10th gen IGPU support) then run through all the other setup needed to make an igpu pass through possible.

Edit go file

Edit syslinux file (in flash section)

Edit docker container to add /dev/dri as a decice.

Hi, could you tell me what I need to edit for the syslinux file? Thank you.

OK it seems that no need to edit syslinux file as I read for other post, I tried beta version with 5.x linux kernal but still no work well.

When transcoding the CPU still 30~50% for a 1080p video on i3-9100.

Can anybody help?

Edited by nonikka
update