Change in how to select CPU Pinnings

So, I am grateful to even have this issue, or annoyance I guess... and would love to have an easier or faster way to select the CPU Pinnings...

See, I had Dual 6 core CPUs and had some things on a few cores and a VM on a whole CPU with Isolated cores... thats great but the issue is, I upgraded to Dual 12 Cores with HT thats 48 cores in total. So now all the CPU Pinnings are moved around and everything was only using physical cores and had to reselect my CPU Pinnings for the 39 Dockers and 4 VMs...

So with a simple math, of 39 Dockers and 4 VMs, I now have 2,064 dots that I need to select one by one and it has to be with the mouse, no way to use the keyboard... no way to select a bunch in a row, or all in a docker or all in a row... or select a template or anything, and to make it worse sometimes you get the timing wrong and when you clicked you just missed the dot by a pixel and you adjust to reclick it and it stays gray then click again to select it....

I would love something different to what is there now.... something a bit more intuitive.

IDK, I'd like to see what you guys think

@ceyo14 How about isolate cores which you only wanna use for VMs so Unraid itself and Docker don't use them and leave the rest unassigned so Unraid does the allocation to Docker automatically? If you have a Docker that might use ALL the resources full tilt and might lock up other containers, limit it to a couple cores and you're done.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, bastl said:

@ceyo14 How about isolate cores which you only wanna use for VMs so Unraid itself and Docker don't use them and leave the rest unassigned so Unraid does the allocation to Docker automatically? If you have a Docker that might use ALL the resources full tilt and might lock up other containers, limit it to a couple cores and you're done.

I had already selected cores per Docker so it would stay ones I switched the CPUs, so I either select or deselect at least half of them...

10 minutes ago, ceyo14 said:

I am not following you here...

I JUST saw what you meant, this does help a lot... I selected what I wanted but it is not saving it, seems to be some limit I am hitting, IDK, I am unslecting them instead, that seems to like it better.

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2020 at 9:52 PM, ceyo14 said:

no way to select a bunch in a row, or all in a docker or all in a row..

There is a way. Go to Settings > CPU Pinning and from there you can pin entire cores or hyperthreads across the board by clicking on the number(s). That will help save some time. And then you can fine tune the selections from there. It's not as granular as you described but it is better than clicking on each and every individual dot.

image.png.a0d84e55608373e5faf239c9657c2450.png

Edited by Zer0Nin3r
Invision Community does not support Markdown. Ugh. If only we had Discourse as our forum's backbone.
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/22/2020 at 6:02 PM, Zer0Nin3r said:

There is a way. Go to Settings > CPU Pinning and from there you can pin entire cores or hyperthreads across the board by clicking on the number(s). That will help save some time. And then you can fine tune the selections from there. It's not as granular as you described but it is better than clicking on each and every individual dot.

image.png.a0d84e55608373e5faf239c9657c2450.png

it definitely is. thanks!

• Like 1