[SOLVED] About to upgrade MBD -- sanity check!

I haven't done a major hardware upgrade for many years and am just checking in before I get started. I'm currently running:

Intel core 2 quad - q9550 

Gigabyte G33M-DS2R

8GB DDR2 RAM

17 data disks

2 parity disks 

1 SSD cache

LSI SAS9201-16e PCI Express to 6Gb/s 16-Port Adapter

I'm moving to:

2x XEON E5-2620 V3

SUPERMICRO X10DRL-iT

16GB DDR4 RAM 

All of the same disks and SAS adapter

I don't run any VMs and the primary dockers are Plex, Deluge, Sonarr, Radarr, Lidarr, NZBGET and OpenVPN.  

I have backed up my flash drive and appdata, printed out the main, dashboard, and docker screens, and made sure everything is currently working as it should be.  Will likely be taking the plunge on Wednesday and swapping out the MBD, CPU and RAM.  Anything else I need to do or be concerned about before I make the switch?  Figured for once in my Unraid life I would ask the question before I have an issue! 

Thank you!

David

On 6/16/2020 at 2:40 AM, johnnie.black said:

Should be just plug'n'play.

And it was!  Took a little bit of googling and fiddling with the BIOS settings (turned OPROM for PCIe slots off; had to play with NIC settings), but other than that it was smooth as could be.  Up and running on a much improved platform now.  Thank you for the vote of confidence!

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] About to upgrade MBD -- sanity check!
  • 6 months later...

Hi, not sure if OP will see this but I am bit behind your curve and tried to migrate to:

Intel core 2 quad - q9550 

Gigabyte G33M-DS2R

8GB DDR2 RAM

but my USB from even older hardware server wont attempt to boot at all - were there any strange BIOS settings or quirks to get the G33m to work?