Valid new configuration and start is grayed out???

rebooted, pulled the power plug, pressed the start bottom on my server to empty the capacitors. no success, waited almost an hour, get back and start button could be pressed and array is up.

Now i am afraid after the next unbalance act, I have to stop the array and start it again...

Lets keep that post open and i will update it tomorrow.

Thanks

Dirk

The moment you use encryption, it is required to enter a passphrase (or keyfile) to lock and unlock the encryption.

Follow the instructions in the GUI (Enter new key)

Make sure you remember/store the passphrase/keyfile somewhere. When lost your data becomes inaccessible.

I had a few more hiccups, I tried to restart the array on the dashboard on the top, but it does not ask you for the encryption key.

However, after that I trust something went quite wrong even so all docker were not started and nothing should have tried to write.

Right now I am doing the last Unbalance Copy process from a none encrypted XFS disk to a encrypted XFS disk.

My Docker and VMs are not visible anymore on Unraid. As much as I understand, installing the Docker like Sonarr should come back configured as the config file is still in appdata.

The Array start button to come up randomly is a real pain in the backside and so much of not relaiable.

I keep you updated when the next copy process is finished and I have to do another try to start a new config and see how I get my dockers running again.

Stay tuned

Dirk

any helpful information about my vanished docker and VMs and how to get them back configured, are very appreciated ;-)

I had a few more hiccups, I tried to restart the array on the dashboard on the top, but it does not ask you for the encryption key.

However, after that I trust something went quite wrong even so all docker were not started and nothing should have tried to write.

Right now I am doing the last Unbalance Copy process from a none encrypted XFS disk to a encrypted XFS disk.

My Docker and VMs are not visible anymore on Unraid. As much as I understand, installing the Docker like Sonarr should come back configured as the config file is still in appdata.

The Array start button to come up randomly is a real pain in the backside and so much of not relaiable.

I keep you updated when the next copy process is finished and I have to do another try to start a new config and see how I get my dockers running again.

Stay tuned

Dirk

any helpful information about my vanished docker and VMs and how to get them back configured, are very appreciated ;-)

The update above this as older and I just submitted it.

Today 19 February my array is up and running, after installing my dockers all is good again.

After the above problems, I had all of sudden no problems to create a new config and to fire up the array.

Personally, I have no clue what caused those problems.

But the way Unraid is handling files and hard drives, I wasn't afraid for a moment to lose my data, because I used the Unbalance COPY function and had always a copy of my data.

Sorry to bother you all and i wish i had more inside information what happened, but those hiccups didn't brake my trust in Unraid, on the End it is an OS running on  computer and that means things can go wrong ;-)

Thank you all who read this and tried to help

Dirk