[SOLVED] Parirty check problems?

Gents ... parity checks have ALWAYS been clean until now - 893 errors!

Can someone take a look at my diagnostics file taken immediately after the check ended and give me a heads up on whether i need to to do another, uncorrecting this time, run to see what's what.

I'm inclined to think that this may have arisen after a problem lockup last time around when parity check kicked in and the system was lost on itself again. when it returned after all that it said parity was valid so i've just been running on that since then. Maybe it wasnt giving me the right picture?

Anyways, here's the diagnostics file

smtower-diagnostics-20200618-1317.zip

5 hours ago, johnnie.black said:

You should do this.

Thanks, it's running now.

Looking at the syslog seems to be saying that it was parity 2 disc that was corrected so does this mean that my data disks are ok and that possibly parity2 got itself a bit 'lost' during the earlier hangup and subsequent power cycle? would it be right in saying that if it was a defective data disk then i would've seen a disk id  in the log? I dont know as this is the first occurrence of sync errors in 7 years!!

1 minute ago, superloopy1 said:

Looking at the syslog seems to be saying that it was parity 2 disc that was corrected so does this mean that my data disks are ok and that possibly parity2 got itself a bit 'lost' during the earlier hangup and subsequent power cycle?

That's what it looks like.

1 minute ago, superloopy1 said:

would it be right in saying that if it was a defective data disk then i would've seen a disk id  in the log?

Correct, unless the disk is returning bad data, while this should never happen it's been known to happen from time to time, though in this case it could only be the parity2 disk, since parity1 was correct.

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Parirty check problems?