(SOLVED) Pushover only sends silent notifications?

Hi there. I'm seeing inconsistent behaviour with Pushover notification sounds on my unRAID server.

I have Pushover configured in my Sonarr and Radarr dockers which are working normally. They send the alerts to my iPhone and Apple Watch - these display as alert notifications, while also playing an alert sound on those devices. So that's good.

And I also have Pushover set up on the unRAID Notifications settings page. In this case, unRAID sends the notifications fine, but they don't trigger an alert sound.

I've reinstalled the iOS Pushover app, and disabled/re-enabled unRAID notifications, and also rebooted unRAID, no change.

It's not a huge problem, in fact I didn't even notice for the past month or so. Perhaps Pushover changed something in their API that breaks unRAID triggering the sounds?

Anyone else use Pushover seeing this behaviour? Let me know if you need more information. Thanks for any ideas.

Edited by stor44
(SOLVED)

I've researched this myself. It has to do with the priority of the notification. If its just an all is healthy you get the notification but no popup or sound as the priority assigned to that notification is -1. If a disk is failing or something has an issue the priority is set to one or greater with the notification. When that happens you will get sound and a popup.

• Thanks 1