anyone use Virtual DJ and music on the array

hi with the pandemic  i decided to move my music from my External Hard drives  to the array  and re use the hard drives for something else..  so i DJ weddings etc and carry music on external hard drives with me using NTFS format

but i been having issues i made a share and map network drive like X:  to my music folder  and my array is using BTRFS

also it saves a database and virtual folders on the X:  drive map location  of my favorites you can say of songs.. also i set when i made the share that DISKx  would be specificially to music  so i wouldnt need to spin up the entire array  just the one disk and i guess the PArity drive too

but i find its locking up the software..  and i also noticed  the drive was also spinning down when i was supposedly accessing the music... the database it uses is a XML file located on the drive it scans for certain songs... 

my question  if anyone has done this  or similar or something how to avoid it from locking up my dj software it goes in an endless loop

my idea was i could keep the music on the array and its protected by the Parity drive.. but just seems  software is not liking it..  and i perfer the drive to spin down when not in uuse as its just one of my data disks..

currently i trying  i shoved a HD into my unraid  as an unnasigned NTFS drive  and mapped my music to it..   and hopefully no issues then..    but i was wanting it protected  when i added new music...  is it because my Filesystem is BTRFS and NTFS for my dj music...

is it because the database is on Data Disk with Parity  that is constantly checking and Writting when i modify in program and it alters the Database..

i know not unraid question i just was hoping maybe someone in my similar situation  was able to point me what they have done to fix it etc

Edited by comet424