[SOLVED] Can't connect to network on new Unraid build (Maybe Ethernet driver issue?)

17 hours ago, limetech said:

The Realtek r8125 vendor driver has been included in 6.9.0-beta24.

Thank you for the update and letting us know the driver is now added!

I installed and tested the beta24 version and now my Ethernet port works!

Happy Happy Happy

• Like 1

New build. Similar issue.

Using a new H470 motherboard: www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H470M-ITXac
It has 2 NICs: An Intel I219V, and a Realtek RTL8125BG

I was able to successfully disable the realtek NIC in BIOS, but Unraid would not pickup the Intel NIC while booting up. Tried disabling bridge and bond mode, but would be greeted with something along the lines of "eth0 not found"

The Realtek NIC is working now in the latest beta, but I'm not sure why the Intel one wasn't getting picked up. I'd rather start adding data to my array on a stable version ;)

• JorgeB changed the title to [SOLVED] Can't connect to network on new Unraid build (Maybe Ethernet driver issue?)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2020 at 10:55 AM, sachinmu said:

New build. Similar issue.

Using a new H470 motherboard: www.asrock.com/MB/Intel/H470M-ITXac
It has 2 NICs: An Intel I219V, and a Realtek RTL8125BG

I was able to successfully disable the realtek NIC in BIOS, but Unraid would not pickup the Intel NIC while booting up. Tried disabling bridge and bond mode, but would be greeted with something along the lines of "eth0 not found"

The Realtek NIC is working now in the latest beta, but I'm not sure why the Intel one wasn't getting picked up. I'd rather start adding data to my array on a stable version ;)

I have the same motherboard and encountered the same issue.

46 minutes ago, albakhit said:

I have the same motherboard and encountered the same issue.

So it works in the latest beta - but I think it’s causing the system to lock up after extended use. Wasn’t able to diagnose this as an NIC issue but stress testing the RAM and CPU gave no errors so I’m beginning to think the Realtek NIC/drivers may have some problem

i was able to get the Intel NIC working once unraid booted up, so I’m currently using that. 

2 minutes ago, sachinmu said:

So it works in the latest beta - but I think it’s causing the system to lock up after extended use. Wasn’t able to diagnose this as an NIC issue but stress testing the RAM and CPU gave no errors so I’m beginning to think the Realtek NIC/drivers may have some problem

i was able to get the Intel NIC working once unraid booted up, so I’m currently using that. 

I didn't try the latest beta, I will try it today and check if it will work.

Currently, I'm using a USB Network dongle as workaround since PCI slot is utilize for SATA expansion.

• 2 months later...